Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Join_IP v. 1.1 Allows everyone to get client info on connect

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:          Approver:   EKS (166)
jsauce
Old 08-17-2005 , 20:47   Join_IP v. 1.1 Allows everyone to get client info on connect
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
/* AMXX Mod script.
*  Join_IP 1.1 created by jsauce
*  Okay so this plugin gets a user's info when they are authorized, then
*  it displays it to everyone when they join and leave. If you are an admin you 
*  get to see the user's ip address and steamid. All other user's just get to see 
*  the player's name! 
*  1.1 Changed access() to get_user_flags() seems to work better for everyone.
*      Also changed how the rank shows, and changed default show level to ADMIN_LEVEL_A
*  1.0 initial release		// rank idea from Kindzhon's enter/leave plugin.
*/
Code:
#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>

#define CSSTATS // If you want to show the user's rank on join and on leave.
//	You must be using the csstats module and have stats plugins loaded.
//	Comment it out if you don't want to use it.
#if defined CSSTATS
#include <csstats>
#endif
#define ADMIN ADMIN_LEVEL_A	// Change to something else if you like.
I have been using this on my server since we switched to 1.6 and no one could tell who was joining or leaving. Well I just happen to be looking at the newly submitted plugins and I saw a join/leave so I took a look. I do think mine is better but that's because i made it. But his idea about adding the rank I thought was a great one so I added it to mine and decided to actually release it. Now this plugin is different than other join leaves. It only displays ip and steamid information to the admins, everyone else just sees the user's name and now stats rank. thanks Kindzhon for the idea.

Edit: Now this plugin always worked for me but for some reason the access() was causing problems sometimes, so I changed that to get_user_flags() instead. Now I tested this version with both admins and users and it works, at least for me.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (join_ip.sma - 13314 views - 3.2 KB)

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
thiefsnip3r
Old 08-18-2005 , 05:04  
Reply With Quote #2

I am having a problem with this, When someone joins everyone see's the players ip not just admins
Old 08-18-2005 , 15:02  
Reply With Quote #3

Try the new version I changed a couple of things. And have verified its working for me.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
thiefsnip3r
Old 08-18-2005 , 15:58  
Reply With Quote #4

Ah there we go now it's not doing it anymore. Nice plugin
Old 08-18-2005 , 18:40  
Reply With Quote #5

thanks

The Saucy Blog
One shot dont miss!
Old 08-18-2005 , 22:02  
Reply With Quote #6

lol sry about this im a dumbass could u show me exacctly wut to remove in order to use the rank
Old 08-18-2005 , 23:52  
Reply With Quote #7

Okay The ranks are enabled by default. If you wanted to disable them, you would comment out the line that says #define CSSTATS toward the top.

The Saucy Blog
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 08-19-2005 , 15:50  
Reply With Quote #8

Does this have lines you can add besides whats default. Like in the other one, you can say like "Thankx for stoppin, visit us @ www.armyfochaos.com" or anything like that?
Old 08-19-2005 , 16:40  
Reply With Quote #9

No this isn't a greeting script, this has a specific use. It tells everyone in the server that someone either joins or leaves the server. The information given to the users is that USER whoever has connected and disconnected. But an admin can see what the users ip and steamid are. This is very useful for people who like to leave the server under one name and come back hacking under another, or it may just be useful if you want to get info on the user quick to ban them or whatever. It has its uses for admins, and for the average joe its nice to know who comes and goes.

The Saucy Blog
Isobold
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2005 , 19:43  
Reply With Quote #10

works well und 1.55

I think, I will make it multilanguage tomorrow and add some functionality ...