Molotov Cocktail v3.30 - Released April 13, 2014

Post New Thread Reply   

CryoKeen
Old 06-28-2009 , 02:10   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #21

I've tried to run this on my Sven Co-op server and I just get:

PHP Code:
unknown            unknown     unknown           molotov_cocktai  bad load 
:'( Any chance of getting this to work in Sven?
DynamicBits
Old 06-30-2009 , 11:25   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryoKeen View Post
I've tried to run this on my Sven Co-op server and I just get:

PHP Code:
unknown            unknown     unknown           molotov_cocktai  bad load 
:'( Any chance of getting this to work in Sven?
I talked to a couple of the Sven Co-op developers (admins?) and was told that a Linux version does not exist and the source code is not available so I can't even install it on my development server to try. I'll try to set up a Windows server on one of my laptops and see if I can figure out how to solve the problem you are having.

Edit: I was given the e-mail address of the lead developer and I sent him a message about porting it to Linux myself, so we'll have to wait and see what he says. In the meantime I'll try to get a Windows test server set up.

--
Andy

Last edited by DynamicBits; 06-30-2009 at 11:33.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:37
aznbreez
This message has been deleted by devicenull. Reason: spam
DynamicBits
Old 06-30-2009 , 15:23   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #23

I got a Windows dedicated server set up and tested this out. The bad load is caused by the missing cstrike and csx modules. The code in SVN has already removed the csx requirement, so that problem is solved. The cstrike module is used to handle money, check for the buy zone, and set the number of items a player has (grenades in this case).

From what I could see, Sven Co-op doesn't utilize the concept of money. There is no way to buy a molotov cocktail without any money. You could still use the molotov_give command, but that requires an admin.

The way the molotov cocktail works in Counter-Strike is by replacing the HE Grenade. I could, perhaps, replace a particular weapon in Sven Co-op. That weapon would always be replaced and there would be no concept of buying a molotov cocktail.

If you agree/disagree or have any suggestions, I'm willing to listen. I do want to hear some feedback since I am not very familiar with Sven Co-op and there may be something I am overlooking.

--
Andy
hasan salah
Old 10-24-2010 , 12:02   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #24

oooohohohoooooooooooooooooooooooo Great
ShortysPop1
Old 12-01-2010 , 22:06   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #25

is there a way you can make this molotov OVERRIDE the SMOKE GRENADE??? i have GUNGAME mod installed on my CS1.6 server... and would love to have the molotov as a secondary throwing weapon when you are on nade level....

Thanks -Mike

Last edited by ShortysPop1; 12-01-2010 at 22:25.
Tiny
Old 12-08-2010 , 12:31   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #26

A small problem for the CT, if they try to buy a defuse kit they get a molotov cocktail.
Code:
molotov_enabled "1"
molotov_override_he "0"
molotov_price "1500"
molotov_damage "40.0"
molotov_radius "130.0"
molotov_firetime "10"
molotov_firedamage "3"
molotov_ff "0"
molotov_max "1"
molotov_inmenu "0"
molotov_buyzone "1"
molotov_menu "0"

Last edited by Tiny; 12-08-2010 at 12:45.
ShortysPop1
Old 12-09-2010 , 00:29   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #27

can anyone help me... Ive been trying desperately to edit, and compile this plugin so that it replaces the SMOKE GRENADE .... but i cant get the molotov to explode once i throw it.... the molotov just lands on the floor and does nothing....

.... im not a scripter, and so im stuck... after i replaced most of the csw_hegrenade with csw_smokegrenade it almost worked... but now im stuck... and i dont know what to do...

... can you take a look at my edited .sma file please; and tell me whats wrong... anyone???

PLEASE -Mike
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (molotov_cocktail.sma - 779 views - 32.7 KB)

Last edited by ShortysPop1; 01-08-2011 at 04:20.
ShortysPop1
Old 01-08-2011 , 04:21   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #28

... man... no one thinks this is a good idea??? molotov cocktail instead of smoke grenade???

... someone help a brotha out...
gunsofnavarone
Old 01-13-2011 , 05:11   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Molotov Cocktail
Version 3.20

* Required Modules:
- Fakemeta
- Fakemeta Utilities
- Cstrike
I am trying to set this up for use in DOD. The plugin (above extracted from the .sma) says Required Module Cstrike, yet the very beginning of this whole thread indicates that it can also be used in DOD by putting the files in the directories as previously indicated. So, will this work in DOD? If so, what adjustments to CVARs should I be making?

Also, in the sma it reads for commands:
Quote:
molotov_give <player|@all|@t|@ct|@al|@ax> - Gives molotovs to a player, a team, or everyone
Then further in it reads:
Quote:
register_concmd("molotov_give", "cmd_MolotovGive", ADMIN_ACCESS, "<player|@all|@t|@ct|@al|@ax> - Gives free molotov cocktails (default=10)");
So what is "10"? How is this number derived? How and where do I change this to define it other than "10"?

ADDED:

I've found one of my answers:
L 01/13/2011 - 059:08: [AMXX] Plugin "molotov_cocktail.amxx" failed to load: Module/Library "cstrike" required for plugin. Check modules.ini.

Quote:
The following chart shows what files are needed for each mod.
So, despite that this thread says (or implies) it should work for DOD, it will not evidently w/out the module specified!

Yet the plugin checks to see if player is axis or allies within it?

From the .sma file itself:

Quote:
if (equali(Arg1[1], "all")) {
targetTeam = 0;
} else if (equali(Arg1[1], "t") || equali(Arg1[1], "al")) { // CS_TEAM_T or ALLIES
targetTeam = TEAM_ONE;
} else if (equali(Arg1[1], "ct") || equali(Arg1[1], "ax")) { // CS_TEAM_CT or AXIS
targetTeam = TEAM_TWO;
What the heck is going on?

Last edited by gunsofnavarone; 01-13-2011 at 05:53. Reason: Additonal Comments
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2011 , 07:51   Re: Molotov Cocktail v3.20
Reply With Quote #30

Will this work for dayofdefeat or not ?. you're last post to this thread was back on June of 09. Are you still supporting this DynamicBits ?

I would like to check this out, but it is giving me a bad load error.
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.