Raised This Month: $150 Target: $400
 37% 

L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author
DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Clemson, South Carolina
Plugin ID:
2119
Plugin Version:
1.2
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    16 
    Plugin Description:
    Adds even more blood and gore to L4D2
    Old 12-08-2010 , 10:54   L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #1

    L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ

    This is a follow-up plugin to L4D1 Gore, done by request.

    This is not a port, but I have rewritten the entire plugin.

    Features:
    -Adds blood and gore for humans and zombies alike.

    Installation:
    Add L4D2Gore.smx into your sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
    Add gore_config.txt into your sourcemod/data folder. (If this file is not placed, it will automatically use my default settings).

    Configuration:
    You may open the gore_config and modify the values accordingly. Here you may select the health required before periodic bleeding (set it to 0 to turn it off). You may also changes the levels of gore. The default for each setting is 100. If you wanted twice the gore, make it 200. If you want half, make it 50.
    Easy.

    Changelog:
    v1.2:
    -Fixed bleeding occurring on dead survivors.

    v1.1:
    -Infected players now bleed on melee
    -Periodic bleeding is now disabled by default

    Screenshots:






    Attached Files
    File Type: txt gore_config.txt (306 Bytes, 3897 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D2Gore.sp - 5839 views - 8.0 KB)
    __________________
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do"

    Last edited by DiscoBBQ; 12-10-2010 at 18:59.
    DiscoBBQ is offline
    delirium_trigger
    SourceMod Donor
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Washington
    Old 12-08-2010 , 20:45   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #2

    I honestly thought you died. The default gore in L4D2 is NOT enough for my lust for blood!!! (Okay I think I'm scaring people now) but yeah this looks awesome with the L4D2 particles.
    delirium_trigger is offline
    DiscoBBQ
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: Clemson, South Carolina
    Old 12-09-2010 , 09:52   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #3

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by delirium_trigger View Post
    I honestly thought you died. The default gore in L4D2 is NOT enough for my lust for blood!!! (Okay I think I'm scaring people now) but yeah this looks awesome with the L4D2 particles.
    Glad to hear that this was worth doing during exam week. Thanks!

    If you encounter any bugs, please let me know.
    __________________
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do"
    DiscoBBQ is offline
    delirium_trigger
    SourceMod Donor
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Washington
    Old 12-09-2010 , 12:14   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #4

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiscoBBQ View Post
    Glad to hear that this was worth doing during exam week. Thanks!

    If you encounter any bugs, please let me know.

    Just a curious question, are the intestines part of the particles or are those just death animations?

    It gets me wondering, if they are manipulable particles, you could have some freaky crap like witches with intestines spraying out of her when she gets startled.
    delirium_trigger is offline
    `666
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Location: UK
    Old 12-09-2010 , 13:02   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #5

    thanks for gore. just because of this i going to install sourcemod ;)
    `666 is offline
    DiscoBBQ
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: Clemson, South Carolina
    Old 12-09-2010 , 17:56   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #6

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by delirium_trigger View Post
    Just a curious question, are the intestines part of the particles or are those just death animations?

    It gets me wondering, if they are manipulable particles, you could have some freaky crap like witches with intestines spraying out of her when she gets startled.
    The intestines are indeed a particle effect.

    It should be possible to have more come out of a which and what not, but the problem is manipulating the particles. As of right now, all the particles are spawned at a default velocity and angle of (0, 0, 0). I tried multiple ways to change the angles, but it has failed each time.

    However, if I can find a way to manipulate the velocity and rotation of the particles, it would make for a much more interesting mod.
    __________________
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do"
    DiscoBBQ is offline
    delirium_trigger
    SourceMod Donor
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Location: Washington
    Old 12-09-2010 , 19:36   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #7

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiscoBBQ View Post
    The intestines are indeed a particle effect.

    It should be possible to have more come out of a which and what not, but the problem is manipulating the particles. As of right now, all the particles are spawned at a default velocity and angle of (0, 0, 0). I tried multiple ways to change the angles, but it has failed each time.

    However, if I can find a way to manipulate the velocity and rotation of the particles, it would make for a much more interesting mod.

    DO IT! But yeah a witch would be so freaky if intestines came out of her body.
    delirium_trigger is offline
    crazydog
    SourceMod Donor
    Join Date: Jan 2006
    Old 12-09-2010 , 21:42   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #8

    So I've noticed that when bleeding as a survivor, the blood can obscure your vision a bit...would the "Human Player Damage" gore modifier be the one I want to turn down to alleviate that?
    crazydog is offline
    DiscoBBQ
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Location: Clemson, South Carolina
    Old 12-09-2010 , 22:05   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #9

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    So I've noticed that when bleeding as a survivor, the blood can obscure your vision a bit...would the "Human Player Damage" gore modifier be the one I want to turn down to alleviate that?
    I would suggest turning the bleed damage to zero. I do not particularly like the feature, but it was earlier requested.

    If I can figure out how to rotate the particle, I will place them behind the players as to not obscure the vision.

    Thanks for your input.
    __________________
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do"
    DiscoBBQ is offline
    edu.1962
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Old 12-10-2010 , 03:17   Re: [L4D2] Gore v1.00 by DiscoBBQ
    Reply With Quote #10

    "I would suggest turning the bleed damage to zero"...

    And how can we do that?
    edu.1962 is offline
    Reply


    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:10.


    Powered by vBulletin®
    Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    Theme made by Freecode