Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Requiem Plugin - added req_locusts

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   EKS (166)
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-04-2005 , 15:12   Requiem Plugin - added req_locusts
Reply With Quote #1

Alright... I'm very very new to this so go easy on me. I have decided to do an ongoing project entitled Requiem. I don't know if anyone has played the game but its about this angel who comes down to earth to kick some serious ass. Well in the game he has these angelic powers and some of these powers are KICK ass. Heres a link to the powers (go down to section 4 to read them all):

Requiem FAQ

The idea of this is that it wont just contain the spells but it will contain every single angelic power you see in that list... as time goes on I will continue to add more. Also I plan on later (after the commands work) to code them for actual players and have like a mana system in place. Then I will add menu and all that jazz whatever, its so that I can learn how to script.

Currently admins with slay abilities can use the following commands:

INTERACTIVE POWERS

req_healother <target>
User can give another player 50 health includes are cool effects and sounds

COMBAT POWERS

req_exorcise <target>
User can drain health from a player and simulate an exorcism. Particles fly between the user and the player, sounds lights and more.

req_pentacost
The most powerful command out of all the combat spells. Drains 99 HP from the user but summons a powerful ball of fire that moves very fast and kills everything in its wake. Also adds fire effects and lights and sounds. Although if you use it too much the gods will get angry!

req_brimstone
A lesser version of pentacost that shoots four random balls in a controlled random direction. Each ball does 10 damage but doesn't bounce around like pentacost and doesn't stay as long. Brimstone only does 20 damage to your body, but won't kill you.

req_bloodboil <target>
A very close combat attack. In order to use this attack you must be fairly close to the victim. It will create a ring of fire around your victim and hold them in their posistion until the fire goes away. It will also slowly drain their health for 26 seconds. If their health gets below 5 their blood will burn up and they will explode leaving a firey mess behind them. After respawn the player will be protected from most attacks for a short duration.

req_lightning <target>
req_aim_lightning
An interesting effect that casts lightning on the player. However the lightning may not always hit the player. There is a greater chance that it will not. Seven lightning bolts will spawn around the player in random points and if they are close enough it will inflict an electrical damage that eventually removes 50 hp from the player. It is possible that the player can get struck by two bolts of lightning. There is also a point and shoot version which is more effective but interesting as well.

req_locusts
With a wave of your hand you spawn a swarm of locusts over your crosshair. This swarm will then infect any near by players. Any players that are infected can infect other players and so on and so forth untli the plague has been spread all across the land. However players that have been infected cannot be infected for another 20 seconds.

UPDATE LIST
Update to 1.07:
- added req_locusts

Update to 1.06:
- added req_aim_lightning

Update to 1.05:
- added req_lightning

Update to 1.04:
- added req_bloodboil <target>
- spruced up brimstone
- expanded pentacost fail safe so it gives you 5 hp so you can use it again after 10 secs

Update to 1.03:
- added req_brimstone
- fixed much of the pentacost
- multiple pentacost balls hurt
- combat attacks only hurt players now
- added fail safe for spaming pentacost

Update to 1.02:
- added req_pentacost

Update to 1.01:
- added new announcing to healother
- added some documentation errors
- added req_exorcise

TODO:

--COMBAT POWERS--
LOCUSTS
TO SALT
APOCALYPSE

--DEFENSIVE POWERS--
HEAL
DEFLECT
HOLY LIGHT
BANISH
SHOCKWAVE

--MANEUVERING POWERS--
HASTE
FLIGHT
WARP TIME
Walk On Water

--INTERACTIVE POWERS--
INSIST
RESURRECT
POSSESS
Create Rift
Reanimate

SPECIAL THANKS:
- Hydralisk's hy_admin_adv Plugin for the special glow effect documented in code

Quote:
#include <amxmodx> // Amx mod include definitions
#include <fun> // Fun Module
#include <amxmisc> // Useful functions
#include <engine> // Engine Plugin

// Declaring info variables
new PLUGIN[]="Requiem"
new AUTHOR[]="CubicVirtuoso"
new VERSION[]="1.07"
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (requiem.sma - 2487 views - 64.3 KB)
Blitz
Old 08-04-2005 , 15:26  
Reply With Quote #2

Good job.
Keep up the good work.
Will test this later..

In the beginning, God created the search button.
Haldir
Old 08-04-2005 , 15:40  
Reply With Quote #3

i can only use req_healother
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-04-2005 , 15:43  
Reply With Quote #4

Right like I said. only req_healother is finished. More to come soon
Send a message via ICQ to CubicVirtuoso Send a message via AIM to CubicVirtuoso Send a message via MSN to CubicVirtuoso Send a message via Yahoo to CubicVirtuoso
ScubaSteve3465
Old 08-04-2005 , 16:52  
Reply With Quote #5

gj man if i had any karma left to give i would give it to you but i wasted it all cant someone give me good karma
Old 08-04-2005 , 16:55  
Reply With Quote #6

I appriciate the offer I'm almost done the next command
Send a message via ICQ to CubicVirtuoso Send a message via AIM to CubicVirtuoso Send a message via MSN to CubicVirtuoso Send a message via Yahoo to CubicVirtuoso
VanillA Ice
Old 08-04-2005 , 17:34  
Reply With Quote #7

wow NJ!

i mean this is pretty good....

but my i ask where oyu got these from?

Code:
Dlight(location,255,0,0,100,255,150) // and stock Dlight(vec[3],r,g,b,bri,rd,tm)
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-04-2005 , 17:43  
Reply With Quote #8

LOL I thought i made it clear like everywhere aparently not.

Like it says in the top comment and the comment before the actual function and in this topic:

Quote:
/* NOTE NOTE NOTE */
/* Section Taken from Hydralisk's hy_admin_adv Plugin :: Used with Invisiblity in his plugin to add the special glow effect */
/* NOTE NOTE NOTE */
stock Dlight(vec[3],r,g,b,bri,rd,tm){
DahVid
Old 08-04-2005 , 18:15  
Reply With Quote #9

The code doesn't look that great to me. Try making unique effects. Read how to use messages to make leet fx.

Nice job for beginner..
CubicVirtuoso
Old 08-04-2005 , 18:50  
Reply With Quote #10

Could you post any links or tutorials on how to create fx's with messages... or even const.h i've heard tons about it but nothing too concrete on how to use it to create fx's. I would love to read up on it for the next angelic powers... since some of them involve sprites being shot out etc.

Edit: N/M I'm pretty sure I got the hang of it looking at HL1 SDK and this link: http://www20.brinkster.com/hlpp/tuts/tempentity.htm