Listen to songs in-game from Grooveshark's massive music database.
This plugin will allow you to play specific songs in game, and it will broadcast the song information in chat, which includes: the name of the song, artist, and a Song ID that other players can use to listen to the same song.
sm_grooveshark (No Parameters) - Launch Grooveshark.com in MOTD browser for manual usage. *
sm_grooveshark <Name of Song> - Play song that best matches your query
sm_gs <Name of Song> - Alias for sm_grooveshark
sm_gsid <Song ID> - If you know the ID of the song you're looking for
sm_gsid2 <Song ID> - Play a song with the songid you get from the "share song" url.
sm_gsstop - Stop currently playing song
sm_gsplay (No Parameters) - Replay the last song you selected with sm_grooveshark
sm_gsplay <client> - Play the last song that client played.
sm_gscurrent - Displays information about the last song you selected with sm_grooveshark
gs_follow <client> - Follow another player. Any songs they play will play for you.
gs_open - Opens the motd panel without setting anything. It's a little fragile but can be used for a few things, including: debugging issues, adjusting settings, seeking.
gs_followall <client> - Forces all clients to follow the specified client.
sm_gs_apikey <key> - Sets the API key that you can obtain from http://tinysong.com/api
(Only for compiling)
|N| Octo-dhd - Thanks for the snippet.
All the jumpers that helped beta test.
Grooveshark and TinySong - Thanks for being awesome!
- The latest version is based on the development version that isn't really finished yet. It should still all work as is, but it's not the final version of what I intended to post.
- Possible issues with L4D2. Workaround: Type !gs in chat with no parameters first, then close the motd window and you should be able to use it normally.
- If you enjoy the content delivered by this plugin, you should check out Grooveshark.com when you aren't in game, to support their site (banner ads). Maybe even consider VIP for $3/mo. I personally have VIP just so I could use their awesome Android App, but there are other benefits too. (Note: I am not affiliated with the site and any money paid to Grooveshark has nothing to do with me or this plugin).
- I've only tested this plugin on TF2, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on all mods.
* Fixed some stuff.
* The lag that was previously present no longer exists (Thanks Valve!), minus a ping spike during buffer.
* Added API Key support.
* Added support for errors.
* Modified how sm_gsid works, and added sm_gsid2 so you can play songs with the id you find in the share url from grooveshark.com.
* Added sm_gsfollow <client> so you can follow another player and any song they play will play for you too.
* Added admin command sm_gsfollowall <client> so admin can force all players to follow the specified player.
* Added sm_gsopen. This command will just open the motd panel without changing anything, use after playing a song for debugging, or if you want to adjust song volume or something.
* Modified gs_play, you can now use gs_play <client> to listen to the last song that client played.
* There might be more things, it's been a long update window.
* Added sm_gsstop command to stop the music.
* Initial public release