What is this?
This is a Server Administration plugin that provides you with a couple things.
Why'd you make this?
I grew rather tired of joining a server that I had admin on, then attempted to figure out how much time I had left to FTP over a plugin just to test it out. I also grew tired of going into my Console, or dealing with the scoreboard to figure out how many players are connected, let alone still connecting and or are actually ingame.
Why are you sharing this?
I find it extremely useful and non intrusive. Others will probably find it the same. I've been quite the *leech* so to speak in the past, so I thought I'd share something useful with everyone.
What does it look like?
Or see the Attachment.
v1.1: Thursday, September 16th 2010
* Optimized Time functions, created two work timers.
v1.2: Thursday, September 16th 2010
* Added TimeLeft, Current and Nextmap
* Optimized TimeLeft issue
v1.2b: Friday, September 17th 2010
* More Optimizations
v1.3: Saturday, September 18th 2010
* Even more optimization, fixed issue where if mp_timelimit was changed the plugin output would not be updated.
v1.4: Saturday, September 18th 2010
* Added a public Cvar to conform to the general Plugin releasing standards.
v1.5: Saturday, September 18th 2010
* Added sm_rdisplay (!rdisplay, @rdisplay or /rdisplay in chat depending on your triggers) toggle the printing of messages.
* Added sm_rootdisplay_enabled to enable or disable the plugin.
* Added sm_rootdisplay_show to automatically display on a clients screen or should it be manually triggered.
* Changed sm_rootdisplay to sm_rootdisplay_version as that makes more sense now.
* Changed the plugin name from ServerHudHunt (I didn't even realize I made that typo) to RootDisplay.
v1.6: Saturday, September 18th 2010
* Code Cleanup, fixed a rare handles error.
* Changed Printouts from SourceMod to RootDisplay.
v1.7: Monday, September 20th 2010
* Using the same cache method as TimeLeft for GetTime (Can't believe I made that simple error >.<)
v1.7b: Monday, September 20th 2010
* (Bug) CVars weren't being checked properly do to me using OnMapStart instead of OnConfigsExecuted.
v1.8: Tuesday, September 21st 2010
* (Bug) The Clock string was too short, apparently. D:
v2.0: Thursday, November 25th 2010
* Added Server UpTime (Thanks to Exvel)
* (Issue) I misunderstood for statements, should be fixed now (Thanks Thorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
* Had to shrink the Display a bit as in some cases over 255 bytes were being sent, resulting in an error.
* Legacy is now version 1.8
v2.1: Sunday, December 19th 2010
* Added the ability to use admin_overrides to allow anyone to use this.
* El Zilcho.
sm_rootdisplay_enabled = Enables or Disables the plugin on the fly, or at startup.
sm_rootdisplay_show = Should the plugin automatically print messages to clients with Admin_Root. Or should they be triggering it manually with sm_rdisplay ?
sm_rootdisplay_version = Basic description of the plugin, and of course the version number.
sm_rdisplay = Toggles the display of the plugin.
I've done my absolute best to optimize this. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for features, by all means share them!
EDIT: Just wanted to publicly thank Psychonic, Kevin_b_er, Inflatable_Soulmate, pRED, Tsunami, rhelgeby, Greyscale, and of course MatthiasVance for helping me in IRC in the past. If I've forgotten you, sorry! D:!
EDIT2: I don't know if this works in TF2 or any other game besides CS:S. Could someone test it and let me know?