Enables survivor crawling and adds the crawling animation to incapped players. The animation is already in the game so no extra files needed.
Please view the Video Demonstration
. (Note: this was the first version.)
How it works:
- Mr.RuyC - For help testing and Portuguese translations.
- JoBarfCreepy - For help testing and Danish translations.
- John2022 - For French translations.
- Januto - For Spanish translations.
- disawar1 - For Russian translations.
- Dont Fear The Reaper - For German translations.
- OnMapStart sets survivor_allow_crawling to 1 and survivor_crawl_speed to the plugins l4d2_crawling_speed cvar
- OnPlayerRunCmd catches incapacitated players pressing IN_FORWARD
- Creates a clone of the incapped player and sets animation
- Makes the player invisible, and visible when they stop holding forward
- No Coach animations - Valves fault
- Crazy face animation whilst crawling
- Hand sticks out but not holding side arm
The following hints can be displayed
by setting l4d2_crawling_hint
or setting l4d2_crawling_hint
or setting l4d2_crawling_hint
(please note clients with gameinstructor_enable 0
cannot see this)
Saved to l4d2_incapped_crawling.cfg
in your servers \cfg\sourcemod\
// 0=Plugin off, 1=Plugin on.
// 0=Disables survivor glow on crawling, 1=Enables glow if not realism.
// 0=Dislables, 1=Chat text, 2=Hint box, 3=Instructor hint.
// How many times to display hints or instructor hint timeout.
// Damage to apply every second of crawling, 0=No damage when crawling.
// Turn on the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = all).
// Turn off the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = none).
// Turn on the plugin in these game modes. 0=All, 1=Coop, 2=Survival, 4=Versus, 8=Scavenge. Add numbers together.
// Sets the playback speed of the crawling animation.
// Changes "survivor_crawl_speed" cvar.
// 0=Disables crawling in spitter acid, 1=Enables crawling in spit.
// 0=Firstperson view when crawling, 1=Thirdperson view when crawling.
// Incapped Crawling plugin version.
- Update by "Lux":
- Added LMC support for overlay models.
- Thanks "mastermind420" for helping test.
- Reloading or turning on the plugin now allows incapped players to crawl, instead of requiring the player_incapacitated event to fire first.
- Added Russian translations - Thanks to disawar1.
- Added cvar "l4d2_crawling_modes" to control which game modes the plugin works in.
- Added cvar "l4d2_crawling_modes_off" same as above.
- Added cvar "l4d2_crawling_modes_tog" same as above.
- Added French translations - Thanks to John2022.
- Added Spanish translations - Thanks to Januto.
- Removes clones when the plugin is unloaded.
- Removed logging errors when invalid model.
- Re-added team check to stop error log filling up.
- Fixed animation number due to Valve update.
- Added reset on round_start and removed previous update.
- Added team check to stop error log filling up.
- Added cvar "l4d2_crawling_hint_num". How many times to display hints or instructor hint timeout.
- Fixed duplicate hint messages being displayed (2 events fire for player_incapacitated ?!)
- Fixed players gun disappearing when being revived and trying to crawl.
- Fixed Coach not receiving damage when crawling.
- Optimized some code.
- Fixed bugs created by previous update.
- Fixed cvars not changing the crawl speed.
- Changed the Hint Box notification to only appear once per round.
- Fixed crawling not working for all players?
- Changed thirdperson view because of Valve patching some client commands.
- Positioned the model better and removed the timer creating the model.
- Fixed Instructor Hint not using translation.
- Fixed invalid convar handles.
- Added Instructor Hints (thanks to McFlurry).
- Added hints, "l4d2_crawling_hint" and translation file.
- Cleaned up some code.
- Enables "survivor_allow_crawling" on plugin start.
- Fixed not setting "survivor_crawl_speed" on round start.
- Increased delay on player_incapacitated before allowing crawling from 1.0s to 1.5s.
- Sets "survivor_allow_crawling" to 0 when plugin unloaded.
- Added cvar "l4d_crawling_speed" to change "survivor_crawl_speed" cvar (default 15).
- Added cvar "l4d_crawling_rate" to set the animation playback speed (default 15).
- Fixed "GetClientHealth" reported: Client is not in game.
- Fixed animation numbers due to The Sacrifice update.
- Added Bill's animation number for L4D2.
- Added 1 second delay on player_incapacitated before allowing crawling.
- Added charger carry event.
- Fixed version cvar.
- Animation playback rate now set according to survivor_crawl_speed.
- Added player_spawn hook to unblock animation, just incase.
- Added UnhookEvents
- Optimized some code
- Added version cvar.
- Added cvar to enable/disable crawling in spitter acid.
- Added cvar to damage players every second of crawling.
- Hooked ledge hang to stop animation playing.
- Hooked charger and smoker grab to stop animation playing.
- Added McFlurry's code to stop crawling whilst pounced.
- Fixed crawling breaking on round restart.
- Added cvar to enable thirdperson view on crawling.
- Stopped crawling on round end.
- Fixed silly mistake.
- Positioned the clone better.
- Added a cvar to enable/disable glow on crawling.
- Delayed the animation by 0.1 to correct angles.
- Initial release.
Updating from 1.30:
- Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
- Download "translations_incapped_crawling.zip" and extract the "translations" folder to your servers \addons\sourcemod\ folder.
- New cvars have been added: use the Cvar Configs Updater, or delete the old cvars config or manually add them.
: English (en), Danish (da), French (fr), German (de), Portuguese (pt), Russian (ru), Spanish (es).