Play or Be Kicked 1.5.243

Post New Thread Reply   

PM
hello, i am pm
Old 07-11-2005 , 08:58  
Reply With Quote #11

Sorry i posted the wrong one please take this one
Attached Files
File Type: txt good_one.txt (427 Bytes, 745 views)
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2005 , 10:30  
Reply With Quote #12

i could swear we already released such a plugin ...

Just cant find the damnd post lol
lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-11-2005 , 12:23  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by juKay
Another nice feature I would like is to have a menu pop up and asking if they are recording a demo.
Look here about the demo
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...&page=6#131626
juKay
Old 07-12-2005 , 09:01  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantz69
Quote:
Another nice feature I would like is to have a menu pop up and asking if they are recording a demo.
Look here about the demo
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...&page=6#131626
I know of that plugin, hence I even have code in it that I made. But then he started adding a lot of features so I feel that it's bloated now.

As v3x said, hooking the record command should work instead of a menu. But adding a menu makes sure that the player is in front of the box.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 07-12-2005 , 09:14  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
makes sure that the player is in front of the box.
I've never recorded a demo so forgive me if the answer is obvious but, in front of what box? What are you talking about?

Also, that plugin *is* bloated. Buggy too, after reviewing the thread. Hopefully he'll get everything worked out.

Heck, I didn't even realize he had gone as far with it as he did. I looked at it when it was just a bit more than AFK Kicker. Never realized he added spectator support. He needs to rename it to reflect what it does better.
slurpycof
Old 07-12-2005 , 09:18  
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoralt
Quote:
makes sure that the player is in front of the box.
I've never recorded a demo so forgive me if the answer is obvious but, in front of what box? What are you talking about?
He means that even that if they are in spectator mode but able to still click and say they are recording, that they are still in front of their computer "the box" and not afk.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 07-12-2005 , 09:45  
Reply With Quote #17

Oh.

That's just the type of thing that I want to avoid. This plugin kicks spectators, not because they might be AFK, but because the admin doesn't want spectators taking up slots on the server. Allowing someone sitting at their computer to spectate as long as they *say* they're recording a demo just isn't going to cut it.

Now, if I can programatically determine if the user is currently recording a demo, I could add an admin-definable option to allow demo people to not get kicked. Rather, the time during which they're recording a demo wouldn't be counted against their spectator time. V3x (or anyone else), if you want to PM me any information (actual working code is nice) on how to capture whether someone is recording, I'd appreciate it.

Thinking out loud... What I could do is determine if they're recording and if so, present them with a menu. Yes, I'd already know that they're recording but by presenting them with a menu, they need to demonstrate that they are sitting in front of their computer, actively doing it. Hmm... A menu could come up before the countdown commences. Just long enough before that as soon as the menu expires, the countdown starts.

Still, it'd have to be optional because it can be abused by a player "in the know".
d3adlythegame
Old 07-12-2005 , 09:54  
Reply With Quote #18

haha nice one dude ;).

Then Visit - www.ubergaming.org
slurpycof
Old 07-12-2005 , 10:04  
Reply With Quote #19

Why not just add a flag that makes people immune from it or allows then x minutes of spectate time? Is there a reason regular players need to make demos or is it just admins/clan members/regulars? You could even setup a couple of different access levels to make the time allowed set by a cvar.

admin_spectime 20
clan_spectime 10
regular_spectime 5

and make all 3 set by cvar and ask every x minutes if they are there and allow them to stay if they say yes until max time is reached.
lantz69
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-12-2005 , 12:00  
Reply With Quote #20

@ jukay
Yes I know you have done some coding to that plugin
But what do yuo mean by *bloated*
I also posted some code to make the plugin work 100%
And not to make the plugin in this thread bad, because this plugin i also very good if you only want to kick spectators.

So if *bloated* means that there are to many functions or that it is messy?? That is no problem for me.
I have that plugin working perfect now with the code I posted.

@ Khoralt
Good luck with this one adding the menu or whatever