Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.

Post New Thread Reply   

-M-Jon
Old 08-12-2010 , 18:58   [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #1

I really like Zombie Reloaded and I used it on almost all of my Zombie servers before the OB update. I would have used it on my Lila panic server, however, the plugin is missing two major commands that make or break my server.

1) !zstuck - For those whom are familiar with the Lila panic layout, I allow players to !zstuck into corner room and long hall because of how often these rooms are camped in.

2) !ztele - I realize the plugin has !ztele, however, it only teleports a player to wherever they originally spawned. I want the tele to randomly select one of the three spawn locations, not the same one every time.

I don't know how hard it would be to add these features, however, I think I speak for a lot of fellow members when I say they are essential to being able to permanently stay with ZR.

Thanks for the great plugin!
Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-12-2010 , 21:44   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #2

I'm not sure what you mean by !zstuck. Please explain more about exactly what you want it to do?

2. I've actually coded this already, but it's not even available in the dev repo yet. So it will show up in the next release.
Oh, and it randomly teleports to any spawn point on the map, not just between 3.
Old 08-12-2010 , 21:49   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #3

The old zstuck applied a push force on the player so they would eventually be unstuck. I don't know how ZM does it, but I suppose it's similar.

We need a better way for unsticking people similar to the anti-stick, but without triggering that bouncing prop engine bug.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Greyscale
Old 08-12-2010 , 21:50   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #4

Yeah that request got me thinking the same. The only other method besides changing collision properties, that I can think of, is teleporting.
Old 08-12-2010 , 22:17   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #5

Teleporting will work if we can guarantee a safe destination nearby (as close as possible). Though, I don't know how to detect safe places in maps.

(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Greyscale
Old 08-13-2010 , 01:14   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #6

TraceRay can test points to see if they are in an open space.
Old 08-13-2010 , 03:22   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #7

this is how !zstuck worked on zombiemod (which is caused anti-cheats to ban clients)
client triggers !zstuck > changes sv_cheats to 1 on client > enables noclip > changes sv_cheats back to 0
and it worked very fast (0.1-0.3 ms)

KyleS
Old 08-13-2010 , 03:44   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #8

The issue with ZombieMod (enabling noclip on the clients) is people can flood !zstuck to get through cades. Although, I do have to admit it did a great job when you were stuck in the wall getting out of the map
-M-Jon
Old 08-13-2010 , 04:04   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
The issue with ZombieMod (enabling noclip on the clients) is people can flood !zstuck to get through cades.
That is exactly why I want it. The two barricades I mentioned on the Lila Panic map are too difficult to get into for zombies and too easy to make for survivors. Being able to !zstuck into them balanced the map and stopped players from going to the same barricade every round. Getting stuck in a vending and not being able to escape because you are out of teleports also sucks.

To prevent people from spamming it you could add a convar that restricts the amount of times it can be used every x seconds.

Thanks for the responses I appreciate it.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2010 , 07:28   Re: [REQ] !zstuck and random !ztele.
Reply With Quote #10

I suppose we could have a special class feature for allowing zombies/humans to go through cades. It would be temporary some how, limited by time and how many times you could use it.

We just need to know more about the bouncing prop problem, and how to reproduce it.