Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010

Post New Thread Reply   

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-09-2010 , 23:06   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #21

The Plugin is very VERY unstable. Graphic Errors and what not. I dunno if i have a bad config but everything is just like bugged. Server spikes every 2 minutes. : /
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2010 , 23:14   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #22

it is working well now for me... read what i said earlier about what does and does not work with it... the plugin is solid, but has a few quirks yet... the author is working to correct the lag spike that happens at the first rocket spawn, but other than that one it run smoothly for me... biggest issues i have found were related to maps that should be, but are not compatible... find good maps and it works really well
Old 08-09-2010 , 23:30   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #23

kk thx

2 Questions:

1. How do i make it so it works like arena where people die once and it's done and the round ends and a new round starts similar to v's servers?
2. How do i fix it so that the compression blast is bigger and fatter so you don't have to look directly into the rocket to compress it?
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2010 , 23:40   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #24

1. you must disable all things that control respawn (including premium accounts and such) then if you r using a correctly made map it should just work

2. ... i have no idea...

edit: i can confirm that these al work well with tis plugin so if you are using any of the below maps, the problem is in your setup

tfdb_castle
tfdb_tennis
tfdb_dream_island_b2
tfdb_mechanicus_rc1
tfdb_harvest_event_a4

Last edited by cybersquare420; 08-09-2010 at 23:43.
Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-10-2010 , 01:03   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
The Plugin is very VERY unstable. Graphic Errors and what not. I dunno if i have a bad config but everything is just like bugged. Server spikes every 2 minutes. : /
Hai

Fix your FastDL and disable all class restriction and respawn plugins.

Thanks.
gigabyte128
Old 08-10-2010 , 14:08   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #26

Where can I find theses maps? Every source I find points to the same server which is down.

tfdb_dream_island_b2
tfdb_mechanicus_rc1
tfdb_harvest_event_a4
Mecha the Slag
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2010 , 15:23   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #27

I've never had problems with this plugin. If you're having troubles with it then you need to have more control of which plugins you're running alongside.

@r3dw3r3w0lf: you're rather known for having issues with... every plugin out there fgfdg
make sure to follow the install instructions because this is a very stable plugin
Old 08-10-2010 , 16:13   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha the Slag View Post
I've never had problems with this plugin. If you're having troubles with it then you need to have more control of which plugins you're running alongside.

@r3dw3r3w0lf: you're rather known for having issues with... every plugin out there fgfdg
make sure to follow the install instructions because this is a very stable plugin

Yes. This plugin is working PERFECTLY for me. No issues at all. Thanks so much!

One small bug I noticed, that I think is to blame on the maps. The rockets spawn straight down.. I have overcome this by adjusting their turn rate. So they can turn before they hit the ground. I was wondering if there was another way to get the rockets to launch out instead of down?

Feature request:
Admin menu for adjusting rocket variables on the fly.
More random selection of targets. ( I set weight to zero testing that now)

Again. This is far superior to the other dodgeball plugin. And as of right now is working flawless. You the man!
gigabyte128
Old 08-10-2010 , 18:18   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
The Plugin is very VERY unstable. Graphic Errors
Only issue I have with it so far is nukes say "Error!" in a pulsating red but at the same time it kind of looks like its supposed to be like that.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-10-2010 , 19:15   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #30

kk lemme rephraise what i've seen so far.

1. When you hold down primary fire, you get crits, the glitch occurs in it. Rather normal, not saying this is a bad thing but it happens more often then normal.

2. The Rocket sometimes goes through the walls when it's fired so it just keeps doing that, just reload the map to fix it.

3. For some reason, when i aim at the rocket, i have point RIGHT towards it where in voogru's server, your compression blast feels open like you don't see it coming but you still right click if it's in the compression blast and it fires back.

Besides those, good plugin. I know i do have problems with plugins sometimes but that's because i like to make sure things are perfect and most of the time, when i think something is like this, it's actually like this.