Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Melee Only

Post New Thread Reply   

pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2010 , 11:23   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #21

I've been play testing this plugin long enough to know that it's not a problem. I'm not going to strip weapons. If you want to strip weapons, use chundo's version.
Old 07-27-2010 , 12:11   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #22

What Th3 INF3CT said is right. You should fix this.
In the first post you say "The best melee plugin Out There." But certainly not the best plugin. You can stop being arrogant and admit failures.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2010 , 13:01   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenri View Post
What Th3 INF3CT said is right. You should fix this.
In the first post you say "The best melee plugin Out There." But certainly not the best plugin. You can stop being arrogant and admit failures.
It's not a failure, it's how it's built. From my experience, with hundreds of playtesters, no one has complained. I appreciate the feedback but its not something I will change. If you don't like it, use one of the other melee plugins. This issue is done, please don't try to flame.
Old 07-27-2010 , 14:04   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #24

Please dont strip weapons, i say plugin is fine as it is unless there are glitches people find, the way he did this was the best possible way to make a server sometimes use melee. removeing resupply cabinates and stripping weps is good for a server that is 100% melee, but this one is just more practical as it is
goodBEan
Old 07-27-2010 , 14:11   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #25

I have been looked at a couple melee plugins and, I have to say this is one of the best. In my head I have been comparing this to the Meleemode plugin

Your melee plugin does not have any of the flaws that the other one has that prevented me from using it. I can set a custom flag, it allows you to use the lockers, it allows for non combat items, easy commands.

However the one thing that Meleemode has over this plugin is that you do not see those other weapons at all, and if you turn it off they do get those weapons back instantly without interruption.

I understand why you don't want to strip weapons, however I think a lot of people would think there is a problem when they see those other weapons.

I will talk to the other guys in my group about putting this on the server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [PL]Luki View Post
Can you add something like 'votemelee'?
I would like that as well and as an option in the admin menu for those who can switch it on.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2010 , 14:54   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #26

Okay, I was under the impression that Custom Votes worked. Did you guys see votemelee as an admin or player command?

Yup, I'll add admin menu integration.
Old 07-27-2010 , 21:16   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #27

Found another glitch, this one doesnt affect game as much, but still is a glitch, if you enable melee while a heavy is shooting his minigun, he will be able to use his food/melee like he should, but be in civi mode go slow, and have bullet affects coming out of the air near his right hand where the gun should be at all times.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2010 , 00:29   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #28

Okay I just improved this plugin 9001% in version 0.2, so go fetch it. Note: It requires gamedata now: melee.txt goes in sourcemod/gamedata as usual.

Yeah, here's the changes:
1. Added gamedata which changes the way weapons are switched. They now switch properly, so this fixes a ton of bugs. Weapon attributes now work. And as an added bonus, it makes weapon change faster.
2. Added admin menu integration.
3. Changed it so sentries can be built, but they don't target or shoot.
4. Still doesn't strip weapons.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 07-28-2010 at 00:48.
ultrafunix
Old 07-28-2010 , 02:23   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #29

Nice Job, like how u just quickly posted this cause u liked your melee better, but now u actually updating it and making it better than what it already was... the best

Last edited by ultrafunix; 07-28-2010 at 02:41.
ultrafunix
Old 07-28-2010 , 02:50   Re: [TF2] Melee Only
Reply With Quote #30

Just got bak from testing it, found a huge glitch this time that can ruin gameplay. On new version, if a heavy is spinning his minigun or shooting, than melee is turned on, it wont make him use melee till he done shooting, so he can still do bullet damage by just walking around spinning barrel and not shooting till he sees someone and will easily win cause they have melee.