Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Problem with Automatic Installer

nullness
Old 06-07-2005 , 18:01  

>Now I have a different problem.. it goes past that step but when it gets to >"Configuring metamod..." I get "Runtime error 53, file not found". I got this >error with both metamod installed and when it wasnt installed. What is >causing this?

The reason you get that error is because the liblist.gam file in your MOD directory doesn't exist. You must create one manually for the mod and re-run the installer and it will complete successfully i encoutnered the same problem yesterday and was able to debug it successfully.

-sb
O__O
Old 06-17-2005 , 12:00   Installation problem

i downloaded AMX X today and tried to install the "amxmodx-installer-1.01" and it opened i said yes to user agreement and sspecified location and then it unpacks, when its done i run it directly from the wizard (i tried it from the registry i unpacked it to also) and it comes in a box

"Welcome to Amx mod X a new generation in half life scripting" and then an error window pops up and says the same except its Welcome to amx....
and i click okey, now another error window WITH an error, it says
Run time error 5 invalid procedure call or arguement

iwe tried blocking my norton and spyware but it dosent help,
btw this is my first time so if theres something that anyone that knows amx would have done before this tell me, since im not expeerienced enogh to know

thank you
BAILOPAN
Old 06-17-2005 , 20:32  

There will be a new installer with the next release. Thanks for your patience and do a manual instal
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2005 , 21:22  

I used the auto installer for the first time today, and had no problems with it. I used it on two different setups btw, both working.