Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Witch Control

Post New Thread Reply   

DarrenToh
Old 05-05-2010 , 07:27   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #91

When a si is burning and it takes over the witch,the witch appears to be on fire but doesnt take damage. Mind adding that infectedcant take over the witch if on fire?
mastergamer
Old 05-05-2010 , 09:36   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #92

I just wanted to add something:
If you can control the witch (=playing her) you should get points for doing damage to the survivors.
For example: If the witch hits one survivor and he is down you should get for example +100 points (not usepoints but points like I have when I'm playing as a hunter,smoker, charger...etc.) and if you have killed the survivor you should get for example +300 points.
To the previous response (Walking day witch): Maybe you can not only force to spawn night witches (since they can sit down) maybe you could spawn day witches too and disable just the sitting animation or something like this
DJ_WEST
Old 05-05-2010 , 11:11   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
If you can control the witch (=playing her) you should get points for doing damage to the survivors.
For example: If the witch hits one survivor and he is down you should get for example +100 points (not usepoints but points like I have when I'm playing as a hunter,smoker, charger...etc.) and if you have killed the survivor you should get for example +300 points.
Maybe in the next version.
Quote:
To the previous response (Walking day witch): Maybe you can not only force to spawn night witches (since they can sit down) maybe you could spawn day witches too and disable just the sitting animation or something like this
I don't want disable the ability to sit down (and her animation). And day witch useless...
Old 05-05-2010 , 22:48   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #94

Day witch is not useless, its the vanilla HP of the witch thats useless. 2500hp+crowned horde plugin+realism vs. now thats a witch.
mastergamer
Old 05-06-2010 , 01:13   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #95

However I think it's not a good idea to spawn always night witches at day time.
If there are troubles by controlling them you could for example just enable controlling night witches, day witches can spawn too but you can't play them
Abaddown
Old 05-06-2010 , 01:34   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #96

Hello again. Progress report. We Played 4 full campaigns tonight Hard rain included without any issues. Even controlled two witches at the same time in sugar mill. Everything works well. I even went ahead to the passing and used to witch bride. Works well. Thanks for a fun mod.
Blakeocity
Old 05-06-2010 , 06:29   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
What a huge step backwards this would be.

Walking witches are a joke.
Force sitting ones is certainty not a problem.

I don't like how any infected can just press the attack button and send the witch after her target regardless of there position of if theyve done anything to warrent the witches anger.

Can you add a cvar to toggle that?

Last edited by Blakeocity; 05-06-2010 at 06:36.
ne0cha0s
Old 05-06-2010 , 06:54   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergamer View Post
i like the idea, because sitting witches in hard rain is sort of fail in my opinion =/
the advantage of walking witches opposed to the sitting witches in hard rain is how easily it is for them to get out of site or walk around a corner without anybody expecting it. with this plugin, the ONLY way a sitting witch can be a threat in hard rain is if an infected player takes control of it, which wouldn't be a problem, but it also sacrifices that number of special infected, which lets the survivors run free for quite some time.
an idea to fix this would be adding an infected bot for any player that takes control of a witch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakeocity View Post
What a huge step backwards this would be.

Walking witches are a joke.
Force sitting ones is certainty not a problem.

I don't like how any infected can just press the attack button and send the witch after her target regardless of there position of if theyve done anything to warrent the witches anger.

Can you add a cvar to toggle that?
walking witches are a joke in open areas, but areas in hard rain and parish where there are a lot of corners to turn and small alleys for survivors to get stuck in, they can be very deadly
but, i like the idea for a cvar to toggle allowing the witch's attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddown View Post
Hello again. Progress report. We Played 4 full campaigns tonight Hard rain included without any issues. Even controlled two witches at the same time in sugar mill. Everything works well. I even went ahead to the passing and used to witch bride. Works well. Thanks for a fun mod.
same here, haven't really had any problems except for one time using the witch's attack, it put her at full anger, then when a player shot her, she got freaked out and just ran away as if her target was dead.

by the way, i'm not sure if it's possible, but the third person view of the witch is rather limited, is there any way you could allow a player to look around their surroundings with the mouse?

EDIT: Blakocity, try the attached version, i added a cvar to change whether or not you can use the witch's attack. Delete your old cfg file first, when you restart the server it will make a new one.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_witch_control.sp - 567 views - 29.2 KB)

Last edited by ne0cha0s; 05-06-2010 at 07:12.
DarrenToh
Old 05-06-2010 , 07:34   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #99

Can someone fix this bug?:
Hunter/Jockey(you get the idea) is set on fire.
Takes over witch.
Witch appears to be on fire but isnt taking damage.
Witch dies seconds later.

and..

Player walks into fire accidentally as witch.
Witch doesnt do normal animations(walk about screaming)
seconds later she dies.
ne0cha0s
Old 05-06-2010 , 09:07   Re: [L4D2] Witch Control
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenToh View Post
Can someone fix this bug?:
Hunter/Jockey(you get the idea) is set on fire.
Takes over witch.
Witch appears to be on fire but isnt taking damage.
Witch dies seconds later.

and..

Player walks into fire accidentally as witch.
Witch doesnt do normal animations(walk about screaming)
seconds later she dies.
i attached a version that disallows a player to take control of the witch if they are on fire, test it out. it also includes the cvar for letting players use the witch's attack if you want to edit that, delete your current cfg file and edit the new one.

although, dj west might want to do this differently maybe adding a cvar to which either lets or doesn't let a player take control of the witch while they are on fire, but will definitely need to fix that if it is wanted.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_witch_control.sp - 474 views - 29.3 KB)