0% 

Non-Steam = No Support

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 04-05-2010 , 21:49   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
So, you admit to play on servers modified to support non steam players?
I did play on those servers. I did not, however, play on them using a protocol 47 client, but a legal protocol 48 client. You can never see if it is a double protocol until you join and type status in console. I am sure you know that.
wrecked_
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2010 , 21:50   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle View Post
If the server is right, I have just about 60 - 70 ping in Russian servers. My point is. If the server have a decent upload/download speed, and you got that too, its not problem at all. I am behind a 6/1mbit connection witch is very slow, and I have no problem at all playing on those server.
There's a difference between you connecting to them and them connecting to you. Some Russian users live far away from any other country that hosts servers, and MUST play in Russian servers. Russia is the largest country in the world, and there are many places that could be inconvenient for latencies among other servers.

The servers that you connected to may have been on the outskirts of the country, close to you. Some Russian players live less than 500 miles above China, and can't speak Chinese. This means that they either play in Russian servers located near them, or they can connect to a server 1000+ miles away from them.
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2010 , 21:51   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

As you "hate to play with those incompetent freaks." you not only joined as you played (you could just check "status" and leave). So you are filling servers that support non steam players, so you are supporting non steam players. So, kill yourself.
Old 04-05-2010 , 21:53   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked_ View Post
There's a difference between you connecting to them and them connecting to you. Some Russian users live far away from any other country that hosts servers, and MUST play in Russian servers. Russia is the largest country in the world, and there are many places that could be inconvenient for latencies among other servers.

The servers that you connected to may have been on the outskirts of the country, close to you. Some Russian players live less than 500 miles above China, and can't speak Chinese. This means that they either play in Russian servers located near them, or they can connect to a server 1000+ miles away from them.
As said before. If you got just a decent internet connect you easy get a fine ping to play with, on any server, in any country, at any place of the world.

This just requires that the server has a good upload speed and the right server rates. I know I have been connected to servers just about on the other side of the world, and only having a max ping of 120 witch is play-able. At least I can play with it.

Quote:
As you "hate to play with those incompetent freaks." you not only joined as you played (you could just check "status" and leave). So you are filling servers that support non steam players, so you are supporting non steam players. So, kill yourself.
To be honest. I played on such servers like 3 times. I left after 5 min tops. The people playing on such servers suck hard. They are just small kids. I am not typing status in console every single time I connect to a server. If people in a server suck, I check status, if it is non-steam I surely leave. I do not support those servers. As I have written before.

Last edited by Jelle; 04-05-2010 at 21:56.
Send a message via MSN to Jelle
joropito
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-05-2010 , 21:57   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
As said before. If you got just a decent internet connect you easy get a fine ping to play with, on any server, in any country, at any place of the world.

This just requires that the server has a good upload speed and the right server rates. I know I have been connected to servers just about on the other side of the world, and only having a max ping of 120 witch is play-able. At least I can play with it.

You know nothing about networking.
That's a fact.

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2010 , 21:58   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

If you don't check status every single time you are running the risk on being on a server that supports non steam and the more time you are there the more filled it is, the more probability there is of more non steam players join so, you promote them anyway.
Old 04-05-2010 , 21:59   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
Boolshit.

If you connected to my US server you'd have over 200 ping, easily.
joropito
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-05-2010 , 22:00   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
Boolshit.

So, it's a bad server!

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
Jelle
[b]MOAR CANDY[/b]
Old 04-05-2010 , 22:04   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joropito View Post
You know nothing about networking.
That's a fact.
Please do not tell me what I know and what I do not know.

Quote:
If you don't check status every single time you are running the risk on being on a server that supports non steam and the more time you are there the more filled it is, the more probability there is of more non steam players join so, you promote them anyway.
There is a chance of this yes. But since all I am playing at is my community's servers, and from time to time my own. And these servers are NOT non-steam or double protocol. Last time I connected to a server witch was not my own or my community's is just about 2 years ago. I have had my own server for many years now. If I do find a double protocol server, and I am seriously bored, I do tend to load cheat and join the server again, just to make everyone disconnect. (Only non-VAC servers ofc). This way I actually do the opposite of promoting them.

Quote:
Boolshit.

IP? I'll check.
wrecked_
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2010 , 22:07   Re: Non-Steam = No Support

Quote:
IP? I'll check.
<removed>

Removed once I know you've gotten the info.

Last edited by wrecked_; 04-05-2010 at 22:21.
Closed Thread