Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Dead players can hear all voice chat of everyone (configurable), all can hear all at round end, and (in CS:S) all can hear all when Terrorists are dead.
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Requested by author.
    Old 04-02-2010 , 01:37   Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin will currently stop working after about 3 rounds (of CS:S). Dead Alltalk by strontiumdog is doing the same thing. I believe there may be a problem with sdktools_voice, some other element of SourceMod, or the Source Engine itself.

I've made a new plugin, Round-End Alltalk, which simply changes sv_alltalk at round end and when all terrorists are dead. You can use it with "sm_deadtalk 1" to have dead alltalk (where dead players can hear ALL other players).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This plugin is based on Dead Alltalk by strontiumdog. I've created this version to add new features and because his plugin is no longer maintained. All the code has been re-written.

Features:
    • Dead players can hear all other voice chat, including living players on their own team or on both teams. Can be configured or disabled
    • All players can hear all voice chat when the round has ended. Can be disabled
    • For Counter-Strike: Source: All players can hear all voice chat when all terrorists are dead (like when the bomb is planted but all Ts are dead). Disabled by default
    • Compatible with sm_mute
    • Doesn't modify the actual sv_alltalk value, so sv_flags should be unaffected, and you don't get spam about sv_alltalk all the time

Cvars:
    • sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_dead_mode - Sets who dead players can hear:
      • 0 = Game's default setting (dead alltalk disabled)
      • 1 = Dead players on both teams. In games where dead players could already hear their living teammates by default (like CS:S), they will lose the ability under this mode, leaving them hearing only other dead players, as stated.
      • 2 = Dead players and living teammates
      • 3 = Everyone (default setting)
      The order changed in version 1.3.0.
    • sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_round - Toggles whether everyone hears everyone at round end. 1 (on) by default.
    • sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_bomb - Toggles whether everyone hears everyone when all Terrorists are dead. 0 (off) by default. This cvar should be turned on only in Counter-Strike: Source to avoid nonsensical behavior. Basically, if everyone on team 2 (Terrorists in CS:S) is dead at the same time, everyone will hear everyone.

Requirements:
    • SourceMod 1.3.0 or later

Nice Details to Know:
    • A player's voice flags (their relationship to each other player with respect to voice chat) are reset to normal as they spawn, not when the round starts.
    • This plugin will never touch a muted player's voice flags at all, except to make them not hear living teammates when they die in dead_mode 1.

Known or Potential Issues:
    • I haven't actually tested this plugin in any mod but Counter-Strike: Source, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work that I can think of, other than if the sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_bomb cvar is set to 1 as explained above.
    • Scenario: Foo can hear Bar (as part of the dead alltalk function of the plugin). Map changes. If Foo spawns before Bar is in the game (before IsClientInGame is true), Foo can still hear Bar. Foo will stop being able to hear Bar once Bar spawns or once Foo spawns again (assuming Bar is in the game at that point).

Please inform me of any problems with the plugin. As it is a difficult plugin to test (requiring either 2 computers or 2 humans), there may be some bugs.

Version History:
    • 1.0 - 2010-04-01 - Initial release
    • 1.1 - 2010-04-02 - Fixed mute incompatibility
    • 1.2 - 2010-04-02 - Feature. Changed toggle cvar to mode cvar for dead alltalk to choose whether to hear living enemies when dead or not.
    • 1.2.1 - 2010-04-03 - Bugfix. In dead_mode 1, players weren't able to hear dead enemies (only living teammates).
    • 1.2.2 - 2010-04-06 - Bugfix. In dead_mode 1, players could only hear dead players that were already dead at the time they died.
    • 1.2.3 - 2010-04-13 - Optimization. The plugin now hooks events via OnPluginStart rather than via OnMapStart and no longer unhooks its events (unnecessary).
    • 1.3.0 - 2010-04-14 - Feature. Changed dead_mode to now have 3 modes (other than disabled). New mode allows dead to only hear other dead. Note: modes renumbered.
    • 1.3.1 - 2010-04-17 - Bugfix. After my last update, in dead_mode 3, dead players were hearing muted players. I also made it so even muted players lose their ability to hear living teammates in dead_mode 1.
    • 1.3.2 - 2010-04-18 - Optimization. Changed code so each variable is only declared once per function.
    • 1.3.3 - 2010-06-30 - Bugfix. Plugin now more properly detects when a player is muted, and therefore works again after the CS:S update.
    • 1.3.4 - 2010-07-06 - Feature. The plugin now generates its own config file with the default settings.

Special Thanks:
    • bakabakablah - Helping me test it and never complaining.
    • Shep - Testing.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (dead-round-end-alltalk.sp - 1778 views - 4.1 KB)

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 12-20-2010 at 05:27.
    borli
    Old 04-02-2010 , 09:08   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #2

Does this plugin have the same bug as dead alltalk v1.0....? I mean the bug, that players couldn't be muted by admin with the command sm_mute, cos I don't want annoying kids keep babbling on my server, without the ability to stop them. If this issue is corrected I'll install this plugin.
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-02-2010 , 13:46   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #3

I already mentioned in the description that it probably conflicts with mute.

I'll look into fixing this, possibly tonight.

Edit:
    I've updated the plugin to fix the mute incompatibility.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 04-03-2010 at 01:58.
    IronWarrior
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-02-2010 , 23:40   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #4

Would this work for L4D2?

You have it set to "Any" but there are CSS stuff in it.

I do have a suggestion if it does work for L4D2, could all talk be enabled upon round start before the safe room door?
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-03-2010 , 00:35   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #5

Again, I already talked about compatibility with other games in my description, but here goes again. As long as you set the sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_bomb to 0, this plugin should do the other functions it says it does. Dead people can hear everyone, and everyone will hear everyone when the round ends.

I don't own L4D2, and I have no plans to buy it, so I don't imagine I will add the spawn room feature.

Edit:
    I added a way to choose whether dead players hear living enemies or not.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 04-03-2010 at 02:10.
    janpepu
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-03-2010 , 15:27   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #6

[SM] Plugin dead-round-end-alltalk.smx failed to load: Native "SetListenOverride" was not found.

sm 1.2.3
    meta 1.7.1
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-03-2010 , 15:51   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #7

This plugin will only work in SourceMod 1.3.0 or later, as SetListenOverride is only available in SourceMod 1.3.0 or later.

If you don't want to upgrade, strontiumdog's plugin will still work for you, as it uses the deprecated function, SetClientListening.
    janpepu
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-03-2010 , 15:58   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #8

thx
    borli
    Old 04-06-2010 , 10:31   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #9

plugin not working at all, I have the latest sm 1.3.1 and mm 1.8 installed, and I have copied all files acordingly. No errors in sm logs.
    My cvars:
    sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_dead_mode 1
    sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_round 1
    sm_dead_round_end_alltalk_bomb 1

But I still cannot hear the enemy team speaking, when dead or when round end

Last edited by borli; 04-06-2010 at 10:36.
    Mister_Magotchi
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-06-2010 , 13:56   Re: Dead and Round-End Alltalk
    Reply With Quote #10

What game are you using?

I use this plugin every day since I've released it, in a Counter-Strike: Source server, and all the functionality is working for me.

I assume you're running CS:S as well, or you shouldn't have _bomb set to 1. Based on your settings: when you're dead, you should hear living teammates and dead enemies. When the round_end event occurs (a team wins), you should be able to talk to everyone, regardless of whether you're dead or alive. When the bomb has been planted, if all the Terrorists die, you should also be able to hear and speak to everyone.

I may do some testing later with SM 1.3.1. I use the 1.4 nightly builds on the server I've been doing the tests on, but I don't believe I'm using any code that's incompatible with 1.3.x, as the compiler shouldn't even compile it if I was.

Can anyone else confirm that this is working or not working for them, and on which SM version and game you're using it?

EDIT:
    I've updated the plugin to fix the problem. In dead_mode 1, players could only hear dead players that were already dead at the time they died.

This time I did very extensive testing of the plugin in general. I set up a second computer on a LAN and went through a lot of scenarios. I tested with SourceMod 1.3.1 on Metamod:Source 1.8.0 on Counter-Strike:Source on Windows.

In my testing, everything was working except for dead_mode 1. dead_mode 2 didn't have this problem, and that's what I was (wrongly) basing my earlier comment on.

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 04-11-2010 at 22:58.