Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Idea : Csstats to SQL

Post New Thread Reply   

_KaszpiR_
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-19-2004 , 07:20   Idea : Csstats to SQL
Reply With Quote #1

on the beiginnign i am referrign to amxmod !!!! not amxmodx, but i guess the changes will be cosmetic ones when need to port the result

okay

Once i managed to read csstats.dat 0.9.7 via php script on www (there were also other projects tahd do this). Second inserting the statements to export the ripped data to sql was quite easy, but here begins the bit complicated part. So far the importing would require the www interaction (o if someone is smart enough, crontab'ing ) so there is idea to import stats to sql without use of php, and just use php as a output display on www (for simple querying). At first i thought it will require cststas module editing but that woudl be insane,
stats editing as once some people did it (like cststas sql or statsx sql) is enough but i always were affrad of interfering in default plugins structure.

now i got idea and i'm wondering if i is possible
write plugin that will
1. set csstats_reset 1 on every map start
anyway csstats will collect stats but will reset them n next mapstart (or map end? thats very importand and can be rpoblematic)
2. on map end grab stats of players and export to sql:
timelimit hit, csstats exported to sql, csstats reset/map change (depends on real order)

in the result:
+ stats are in sql - very great advantage for web display, you can keep stats from multiple servers in one database!
- default csstats.dat file is empty
- default /top15 /stats cstats module specific commands are usleess

that menas:
rewriting the plugins - the /top15 command and /stats to query sql, but thats easy part (os stats.sma would be downgraded to disable default /stats command), and make the cststas module specific comamnds to be sql queries (or just open motd with pointing iframe to www stats)

awaiting your notices.