Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D1/2] Zombie Character Select v0.9.7

Post New Thread Reply   

Blu3star
Old 03-18-2010 , 16:31   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #11

I can't seem to get the panel to show up on this version, I have the generated .cfg, and zcs_show_hud_panel "1"
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-18-2010 , 17:43   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #12

Blu3star,

Strange, it has been changed to only appear when in ghost mode but should definately be there. Just want to check if it's hooking as it should - in console if you type zcs_debug 1 are you getting logs? and with debug enabled you try zcs_enable 0 / 1 are you getting that it hooked/unhooked events enabled/disabled plugin? If that works, can you just check zcs_enable 1 and have zcs_debug 1 in cfg file also, restart the server and check the log to see if debug is logging when your on infected. If that's alright it's definately hooking properly, the HUD will start to display from every round start, so if you did enable zcs_show_hud_panel after round start it would start to display next round. You mention generated cfg so I'm already assuming you created fresh cfg, not existing one?

Last edited by [X]BetaAlpha; 03-18-2010 at 18:38.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 00:36   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #13

What cvars do I need to set to make it so you cannot become a class that has just died?

For example, player 1 is a charger, he dies, player 2 just goes into ghost mode right after player 1 died. He can choose charger, and does so. Right as player 2 dies, player 3 goes into ghost mode and chooses charger and spawns.

People do this all the time on my servers now, and I don't want them to be able to

Current Config
Code:
zcs_allow_cull_switch "0"
zcs_allow_last_class "0"
zcs_allow_last_on_limit "0"
zcs_allow_spawn_switch "0"
zcs_cooldown_delay "0"
zcs_cooldown_enable "0"
zcs_count_fake_bots "1"
zcs_debug "0"
zcs_enable "1"
zcs_lock_delay "0"
zcs_notify_key "1"
zcs_respect_limits "1"
zcs_select_delay "0.5"
zcs_select_key "1"
zcs_show_hud_panel "1"
zcs_switch_in_finale "1"
zcs_version "0.8.8"
Blakeocity
Old 03-20-2010 , 01:27   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #14

You need to enable cool down, then set a timer. Like 15 seconds.

I haven't tried using the Director Spawn Times options.
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 05:42   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #15

Thraka,

Blakeocity is correct, zcs_cooldown_enable will enable cooldown, if you have the delay set to 0, it will use whatever your ghost spawn time min/max cvars are set to (sometimes the director will lower this value, depending on how many infected are in play) or you can fix it between 1-30s.

-XBetaAlpha
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 05:58   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #16

If anyone has been using the lock delay timer you may have experienced some brief moments where closehandle has reported some closing errors, this is minor and don't worry about it as it doesn't have any reverse effects apart from it hitting your error log. It happens because an infected may die very quickly before the select delay timer is up and timer_selectdelay where it clears the timer overlaps with playerdeath. I have already fixed this (it seems, need to keep it running for a few days) and will be released when I'm 100% happy with it - this release will also have the ability to disable class selection but keep the spawn fix for those of you that might want just better ghost spawning.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 12:49   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #17

Thanks!

Maybe a better description than "Infected class cooldown timer enable. (0=Disable timer)" since I didn't understand that, that was what it was talking about.

Enable infected class lockout timer after player dies. (0=Disable timer)
[X]BetaAlpha
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 13:37   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #18

That might confuse with the class lock delay if you haven't changed class within x seconds. =) Anyways, noted.
-999-
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-20-2010 , 15:52   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #19

Having a similar issue to Thraka, except I have zcs_cooldown_enable "1". I have zcs_cooldown_delay "0", which worked fine in 0.8.7 as when a player's charger died no one would be able to spawn in another charger until right around when the original charger player was able to spawn again (probably a better way I could describe..). Now it's pretty much instant, charger dies, someone else can spawn a new one right after. This was with 4 infected players so the time in theory shouldn't have changed that much.

So is the "0=Use director spawn time" for zcs_cooldown_delay not functioning now, and if so does anyone know approximately the default respawn time for infected?

The other weird thing is I can't get any of the cvars to return their value through rcon, just to make sure they're set. Even when set to vs using sm_cvar I get "[SM] Unable to find cvar: zcs_enable". I have the l4d2_zcs.cfg in /cfg/sourcemod, I even tried copying the cvars to my server cfg, no joy. Is this just the way the plugin is written/expected behavior or is there something not right here?

Sorry for pestering. =P

Edit: Nvm about the cooldown, I'm just going to set it to 19secs as I've change the spawn times to 20.

Last edited by -999-; 03-20-2010 at 16:33.
ne0cha0s
Old 03-20-2010 , 16:51   Re: [L4D2] Zombie Character Select
Reply With Quote #20

hey XBetaAlpha, i've been running the plugin with no problems, i haven't tried the delay on other people spawning right after an infected dies cuz i like the instant spawn =P, but i had a suggestion. is there a way you could have a delay on certain infected but not others? like have a delay for charger after it dies, but not a hunter or jockey?