I've often thought about going through the maps as a lone survivor, going through hordes of zombies by myself. I created a config that kicked the bots and left me by myself. It was very rewarding to say the least.
Until a special infected grabbed you.
So I created a plugin that forces you to push a set of keys to escape the infected's grasp. The set of keys is always in a random order, to give a more thrilling experience.
Although this is best used on a local server, it can be used on a dedicated as well. The plugin will automatically detect the number of player survivors and disable itself if need to be.
l4dl1d_enable: (default 1) 1 enables the plugin, 0 disables
l4dl1d_moves: (default 3) The amount of moves the player needs to perform in order to get out of a special infected's grasp
l4dl1d_players: (default 1) The max amount of survivor players set for the plugin, going over will turn it off
l4dl1d_kick_bots: (default 1) Plugin kicks bots if 1
l4dl1d_escape_delay: (default 0) Delays a survivor's escape for this many seconds
EDIT: Updated Gamedata file for The Sacrifice release.
How to install:
Install the plugin (.smx) to the sourcemod/plugins folder.
Install the gamedata file (.txt) to the sourcemod/gamedata folder.
* - Fixed incapcacitated bug
* - Added cvars l4dl1d_kick_bots and l4dl1d_escape_delay
* - Fixed bug where the plugin would fail in L4D
* - Added hooks for events for which the survivor was freed in alternative way than just doing moves
* - Client arrays are now reset when a player disconnects
* - Fixed bug when an infected ensares a survivor and then another ensares the same one, preventing the survivor from escaping
* - GetRandomInt is now replaced with GetURandomIntRange
* - Initial release.