8% 

Forum mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2005 , 08:52  
Reply With Quote #281

By the way... what is ACP?? :-)

And also... what other (free) forums are the most popular?
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2005 , 11:43  
Reply With Quote #282

ACP = Admin Control Panel
Old 04-30-2005 , 14:37  
Reply With Quote #283

Quote:
050430 0.7.1 No real changes in this plugin. However a new FMAPI addon was created for PHPNuke. Also the FMAPI addon for phpbb is updated because of problems with the mail client.
So, I created an addon for PHPNuke. The version of PHPNuke I used was the latest free version found @ phpnuke.org, apparantly 7.6.

To make it easy, the steamid field using the PHPNuke addon is the Yahoo IM line. I figured, this way you will not have to mod your forum (a very daunting task) and besides, who uses Yahoo IM anyway? ICQ owns you. ;-)

Also I think there was a bug in the PM reading client, so both the phpBB and PHPNuke addons have this feature fixed. The bug was: you couldn't browse to pages with older mails properly.

Btw: you can edit stats of someone using WinCSX I created awhile back... but of course it edits the stats permanently to the stats.dat file.
n0obie4life
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2005 , 22:52  
Reply With Quote #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
Read the change log?
. i didn't understand that changelog.

Yeah, he is correct.

ACP = Administrator Control Panel .

Proach
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2005 , 04:48  
Reply With Quote #285

OK
I tested the new version and.. it worked!! FINALLY fixed my problem
thank you jghg I think I know what the problem was..
I couldnt compilte the plugins 100% right cause I ddint had the fakemeta_stocks.inc file,. very weird but true
so I donwloaded it manualy (I used tha autoinstaller before cause I was lazy)
and it complide fine.. in the logs it said connectet to the db corectly etc
also "11 accouns were updatet" so that al works fine.

and when I looked into my forum everybody had the correct stats under his name

client mail isnt working.. don't care but i didnt commented
when i type amx_readmail nothing happens anyway that is not important.. who wants to read his mail during cs anyway?

and the forummod plugin is greyed out in the menu is that normal?

btw incase you forgot mty problem
I had strange characterrs when someone tried to chat..
it gave somethin like %1%2 isntad of the nick etc
works perfect now
thanks again!!
best plugin ever ;)

www.psmod.net (the better psychostats)
PAOL
Send a message via ICQ to Proach
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2005 , 23:13  
Reply With Quote #286

I ran into another problem some time ago, but it never occurred to me until now that it would be best to post it here :

Once people have entered their Steam ID in their profile (on a phpBB forum, currently version 2.0.14) and they want to edit their profile later, their Steam ID is gone. Each time they edit (or even just view with the edit button), their ID disappears instantly, so they have to enter it again.

Is this a common problem with custom fields in the profile ? Is there a known fix ?
Old 05-01-2005 , 23:45  
Reply With Quote #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Jackson
I ran into another problem some time ago, but it never occurred to me until now that it would be best to post it here :

Once people have entered their Steam ID in their profile (on a phpBB forum, currently version 2.0.14) and they want to edit their profile later, their Steam ID is gone. Each time they edit (or even just view with the edit button), their ID disappears instantly, so they have to enter it again.

Is this a common problem with custom fields in the profile ? Is there a known fix ?
ur SQL database?

Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2005 , 23:48  
Reply With Quote #288

It's a MySQL database. What about it ?

FYI : only the information in the Steam ID field is erased when people edit their own profile. When I, as admin, view or edit people's profiles, nothing disappears, all the info - including the Steam ID - is still there.
Old 05-02-2005 , 02:15  
Reply With Quote #289

Well it sounds like there is a problem with your forum... Maybe you are running some other mods on your forum? Using EasyMod is only slightly better than modding without it, something can go wrong in the end because one mod is not very unlikely to cause troubles to others.

You *could* open up forummod_fmapi_phpbb.inc and change g_FIELD_USERS_STEAMID to "user_yim" (or maybe some other field in phpbb_users table) and the steamid field is the yahoo im field. :-P

I have been thinking about maybe it should be possible to enter steamid into the signature field, but have a possibility of hiding it. That way no real mod of phpbb would be necessary (probably the best). However then you would not have any stats in the forum. But maybe this can be solved by using stand alone pages or whatever, I don't think it is that important.
However I think the tag to hide blocks isn't allowed, but maybe THAT can be fixed by modding a little. :-)

edit: Ok I was able to create a bbcode called [steamid] and [/steamid] and by using it, it only shows the text between it in your edit profile signature and isn't visible in your real sig. I'll see if this can be of use...
maariak
Old 05-02-2005 , 18:54  
Reply With Quote #290

johnny got his gun, can u email or pm me the phpnuke codes? i tryed doing some work wit the steam id.txt thing but it didnt work