Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

onlyamd
Old 02-23-2010 , 22:32   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.1)
Reply With Quote #11

Same here, no log info. Good luck and great work so far!!!
stephengillon
Old 02-24-2010 , 12:33   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.1)
Reply With Quote #12

Sounds awesome, cant wait to try it when its fully working. May I suggest adding something? Could you possibly add a cvar to allow only players with a certin flag to become props?
Old 02-24-2010 , 15:32   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.1)
Reply With Quote #13

Guess I'm the lucky one with no crashes. I think it would be helpful to the author if you state what sourcemod version you're using. The more details the better ;)
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2010 , 17:05   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.1)
Reply With Quote #14

Weird. Dealing with models can be quirky with stability. Anyways, I was wondering about that. I dont get why yours would be stable and others have random crashes. I am going to be adding some debug to log info so I can see line by line where it might get haulted.

Also I didnt think it would matter in TF2, but I didnt have any max entity check. I am going to add that as well to make sure its not crashing people for going over max entity limit on maps. I didnt think that would matter, but maybe it does.

Anyways, im not free until later in the week, so im gonna talk to a few people and hope to have a new version posted by Friday or Saturday.

Last edited by retsam; 02-24-2010 at 19:13.
Thalion
Old 02-24-2010 , 19:06   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.1)
Reply With Quote #15

This works great, its a lot of fun. I have a plugin that makes people respawn during humiliation, can you make it so they are turned into props when they respawn?

Send a message via AIM to Thalion Send a message via MSN to Thalion Send a message via Yahoo to Thalion
flubber
Old 02-25-2010 , 03:59   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.1)
Reply With Quote #16

2 Crashes for now, both on the beginning of Bonus round.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2010 , 13:48   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.2)
Reply With Quote #17

Ok so. I just updated with 0.2. I have NOT had time to address the actual crash issue yet, but I have added a debug cvar. If someone who is having crashes would be so kind as to leave sm_propbonus_logactivity "1" enabled. When it crashes, should be able to see at what line its getting haulted before log closes. It will spam the Sm log briefly on bonus round but...

- Added admin only cvar and flag.
- Added some checks in to make sure its not passing map entity limits and few other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
This works great, its a lot of fun. I have a plugin that makes people respawn during humiliation, can you make it so they are turned into props when they respawn?
After its completely stable I can do that. I wanna make sure its solid before I start adding other stuff.

Last edited by retsam; 02-25-2010 at 14:05.
Thalion
Old 02-26-2010 , 14:06   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.2)
Reply With Quote #18

I think a command that turns a person into a prop is great.. lol. That and toggling a team being props or not... Doesn't have to be next version or anything. This works great.

Send a message via AIM to Thalion Send a message via MSN to Thalion Send a message via Yahoo to Thalion
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2010 , 04:28   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.3)
Reply With Quote #19

Updated v0.3:

Per request:

- Added fun admin command: sm_propplayer. (also auto-added to admin menu) Im not sure what the point would be but...can turn people into random props. (It only lasts until they die or admin toggles it off)
Admin Flag: BAN

Tomorrow I hope to be able to screw around with some stuff as to why there might be any crashes.

I left the 0.2 version attached as backup. Thats just in case I screwed something up in 0.3.

Last edited by retsam; 02-27-2010 at 04:39.
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-27-2010 , 19:33   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (v0.3)
Reply With Quote #20

I've heard nothing but praise from my community regarding this plugin, everyone loves it to death, nice job!