Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Admin Commands
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Dynamically creates an admin menu for all campaigns installed on a server.
    Old 12-29-2009 , 14:51   [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #1

Description
    This plugin adds on to the default Sourcemod admin menu with a custom campaign menu. This will allow you to easily navigate all currently installed campaigns.
    This plugin does not touch the map rotation at all and I have no idea why people think it does. Please READ this post in full before posting!

Installation
    L4D
    Download the l4d_campaign_manager.zip package and copy the files to your server. This package does not include the missions folder as it already exists on all L4D installations.
    L4D2
    Download the l4d2_campaign_manager.zip package and copy the files to your server. This package includes the missions folder and must be copied to your server. If you do not do this the plugin will fail.

Note: The zip packages are compiled against SourceMod 1.3. If you are using 1.2 for L4D, download the individual files and compile it on your server. Remember to download the missions.zip if you are running a L4D2 server and have manually compiled the plugin.

Upgrading
    Copy all files to your server while maintaining the directory structure and allow it to overwrite them. Any specific instructions will be included in the release.

Custom Campaigns

To install custom campaigns on your dedicated server you will need to extract the mission file from the .vpk addon file. This can be done with GFCScape. Follow the instructions provided on the linked page to extract the file. You are looking for the text file in the missions folder. This will need to copied to the missions directory on your server. This is the only file that needs to be extracted.

ConVar's
    • l4d_campaign_manager_version - [L4D/2] Campaign Manager Version
    Translations
    A translation file is included to handle Valve's naming scheme. If you have translated this into another language please leave a message here and I will add it to the next version. This plugin currently supports the following languages.
    • English
    • German

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    This is a list of frequently asked questions that will hopefully clarify common misconceptions about this plugin.

Q: Will this plugin allow me to change gamemodes without editing any .cfg files?
    A: As of v1.0.1, yes it will. All you have to do is make sure you have set the gamemode you want to play as an allowed type on the server using sv_gametypes. Ex. sv_gametypes "coop,versus,survival" would allow you to play Coop, Versus, and Survival maps. Make sure you do not have mp_gamemode set in any config file as this will prevent the plugin from changing the gamemode properly.

Credits

Changelog
    v1.0.0
    • Initial Release

v1.0.1
    • Added German translations thanks to DieTeetasse
    • Updated translations to include missing strings
    • Added L4D2 teamversus, realism, and teamscavenge gamemodes
    • Gamemode is now changed based on what category you selected the map from
    • Note: This update includes changes to the translation file. If you have made any changes to this file please back it up before upgrading.
    v1.0.2
    • Removed sm_ from version cvar to conform with guidelines
    v1.0.3
    • Updated to support L4D2 DLC "The Passing"
    v1.0.4
    • Updated to support L4D2 DLC "The Sacrifice" and "No Mercy"
    • Added support for "Mutation" game mode
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip l4d_campaign_manager.zip (15.9 KB, 1981 views)
    File Type: zip l4d2_campaign_manager.zip (25.3 KB, 5369 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_campaign_manager.sp - 4879 views - 22.3 KB)
    File Type: txt l4d_campaign_manager.txt (12.8 KB, 3048 views)
    File Type: zip missions.zip (9.0 KB, 3079 views)

Last edited by Bigbuck; 10-09-2010 at 20:21. Reason: v1.0.4 Released
    Downtown1
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-29-2009 , 16:33   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #2

CVAR doesn't need sm_ in front it, most other plugins convention use l4d_ as a prefix.

Looking good though, gotta install this on my server!

Just a feature suggestion from me: any chance we could roll in a game mode changer with this? e.g. you pick a map then pick the gamemode (versus, scavenge, coop, realism, survival)
    Riffy
    Old 12-29-2009 , 17:06   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #3

I second the idea downtown
    Old 12-29-2009 , 17:36   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #4

I just use sm_ in case users put my plugins cvars into the server.cfg so they know its a sourcemod cvar. Downtown, that is a good idea and something I will look into adding for the next version. Since the maps are already sorted based on what gamemodes they support I can just use a ServerCommand("map map_name gamemode") instead of ForceChangeLevel. One problem I do know with that is it tends to disconnect everyone when the gamemode gets changed. Maybe there is a way around that, but I haven't looked too much into it.
    Newf
    Old 12-29-2009 , 18:17   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #5

if you could set this up so i could switch to scavenge from versus on my server that would be amazing. i miss playing scavenge.
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-29-2009 , 19:38   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
    I just use sm_ in case users put my plugins cvars into the server.cfg so they know its a sourcemod cvar.
    L4D2 itself doesn't have any public CVARs starting with L4D so it's not a problem. Pretty much all the other plugins are using l4d_ or l4d2_ as CVAR prefixes so you should stick with that convention so we can get your plugin approved faster.

Quote:
    Downtown, that is a good idea and something I will look into adding for the next version. Since the maps are already sorted based on what gamemodes they support I can just use a ServerCommand("map map_name gamemode") instead of ForceChangeLevel. One problem I do know with that is it tends to disconnect everyone when the gamemode gets changed. Maybe there is a way around that, but I haven't looked too much into it.
    sm_cvar mp_gamemode <gamemode>
    changelevel <level>

Works without disconnecting anyone.

Since not all maps support all game modes (eg scavenge for c1 only is supported by c1m4) it may make sense to first display the game mode that is being changed to, then the list of maps that are supported by that game mode.

e.g. command 1: opens up a map changing menu for the current game mode. command 2: opens up a game mode menu that when selected goes to the command 1 menu.

Last edited by Downtown1; 12-29-2009 at 19:42.
    DieTeetasse
    Old 12-29-2009 , 22:44   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #7

Updated translation file
    - updated english
    - added german
    Attached Files
    File Type: txt l4d_campaign_manager.txt (4.5 KB, 721 views)
    Old 12-30-2009 , 01:41   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #8

Thanks for the translation DieTeetasse. Unfortunately since I do not have L4D2 I wasn't able to test this and I missed quite a few strings. When I went through the missions files I just took the values for coop and assumed they would be the same for the others as is the case with L4D. For some reason Valve decided to have a different string for each gamemode. I've attached the updated translation file. If you could go through and translate the added strings that would be great.
    Attached Files
    File Type: txt l4d_campaign_manager.txt (5.5 KB, 844 views)
    anon666
    Old 12-30-2009 , 07:30   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #9

Hi.

1) Any idea on how can I limit to coop only?

2) It could be better if you can make it to be able to go back up one level after accidentally chosen a mission/gamemode.
    DieTeetasse
    Old 12-30-2009 , 08:02   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
    Reply With Quote #10

Updated
    Attached Files
    File Type: txt l4d_campaign_manager.txt (7.7 KB, 1060 views)