This plugin adds on to the default Sourcemod admin menu with a custom campaign menu. This will allow you to easily navigat
e all currently installed campaigns.
This plugin does not touch the map rotation at all and I have no idea why people think it does. Please READ this post in full before posting!
Download the l4d_campaign_manager.zip
package and copy the files to your server. This package does not include the missions folder as it already exists on all L4D installations.
Download the l4d2_campaign_manager.zip package and copy the files to your server. This package includes the missions folder and must be copied to your server. If you do not do this the plugin will fail.
Note: The zip packages are compiled against SourceMod 1.3. If you are using 1.2 for L4D, download the individual files and compile it on your server. Remember to download the missions.zip if you are running a L4D2 server and have manually compiled the plugin.
Copy all files to your server while maintaining the directory structure and allow it to overwrite them. Any specific instructions will be included in the release.
To install custom campaigns on your dedicated server you will need to extract the mission file from the .vpk addon file. This can be done with GFCScape
. Follow the instructions provided on the linked page to extract the file. You are looking for the text file in the missions folder. This will need to copied to the missions directory on your server. This is the only file that needs to be extracted.
- l4d_campaign_manager_version - [L4D/2] Campaign Manager Version
A translation file is included to handle Valve's naming scheme. If you have translated this into another language please leave a message here and I will add it to the next version. This plugin currently supports the following languages.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This is a list of frequently asked questions that will hopefully clarify common misconceptions about this plugin.
Q: Will this plugin allow me to change gamemodes without editing any .cfg files?
As of v1.0.1, yes it will. All you have to do is make sure you have set the gamemode you want to play as an allowed type on the server using sv_gametypes. Ex. sv_gametypes "coop,versus,survival" would allow you to play Coop, Versus, and Survival maps. Make sure you do not have mp_gamemode set in any config file as this will prevent the plugin from changing the gamemode properly.
- Added German translations thanks to DieTeetasse
- Updated translations to include missing strings
- Added L4D2 teamversus, realism, and teamscavenge gamemodes
- Gamemode is now changed based on what category you selected the map from
- Note: This update includes changes to the translation file. If you have made any changes to this file please back it up before upgrading.
- Removed sm_ from version cvar to conform with guidelines
- Updated to support L4D2 DLC "The Passing"
- Updated to support L4D2 DLC "The Sacrifice" and "No Mercy"
- Added support for "Mutation" game mode