Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] Removal of Crosshair on Primary weapon when Laserpointer is Equipped

Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2009 , 09:47   Re: [L4D2] Removal of Crosshair on Primary weapon when Laserpointer is Equipped
Reply With Quote #21

Well, it is working, but not the way it's intended.
I use a plugin that turns on/off laser with 2 commands. For instanse; if you turn !laser on, the crosshair gets removed on the primary weapon, but also on the pistol. And valve locked the laser sights to only work on primary weapons which ends up with no laser and no crosshair on the pistol. Further more, by changing weapon, you're laser sight is completly removed and you got no crosshair untill you type !laseroff were crosshair gets set to 1.
DieTeetasse
Old 12-01-2009 , 12:12   Re: [L4D2] Removal of Crosshair on Primary weapon when Laserpointer is Equipped
Reply With Quote #22

I just wanted to proof that it is possible to turn the crosshair off. I think there is another way with PropEnt, but it will not change the effect.

I don't know, but i think there is a way, where you can track if somebody is changing his weapon and then enabling the crosshair again. And maybe there is a variable inside theclient entity, that deals with laser sights, but at the moment i don't have the time to look for something
GM-Scorp
Old 12-01-2009 , 15:24   Re: [L4D2] Removal of Crosshair on Primary weapon when Laserpointer is Equipped
Reply With Quote #23

i dont realy care if it gets removed on the pistols aswell

i can shoot perfectly without a croshair to

but it looked just to weirt to have a laser and a crosshair

its like having 2 the same things at once
Old 12-02-2009 , 23:42   Re: [L4D2] Removal of Crosshair on Primary weapon when Laserpointer is Equipped
Reply With Quote #24

ive started working on this.
it currently re-enables the crosshair when you switch to seccondary, but there is some problem with detecting when the player picks up a new weapon.
only things is you would need sdkhooks installed, though im sure some one can think of a way to do it without it.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=110784

Last edited by gowness; 12-02-2009 at 23:47.
Big Myke
Old 12-03-2009 , 00:51   Re: [L4D2] Removal of Crosshair on Primary weapon when Laserpointer is Equipped
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowness View Post
ive started working on this.

Great news! Thanks for your effort. We hope you can pull it off for us
gowness
Old 12-03-2009 , 06:03   Re: [L4D2] Removal of Crosshair on Primary weapon when Laserpointer is Equipped
Reply With Quote #26

Released:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1005876