Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-07-2017 , 16:27   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousarm View Post
Add me in Steam if possible it'll make it easier for us to communicate. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990717445/ if my friends list is full just leave a comment there.
Your friends list is full, until you can add me let's keep what we can here. Thanks.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2017 , 16:42   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post

I'll friend ya and we'll see together if we can figure it out but if worse comes to worse please try Asherkin's Accelerator. Do not post any links from your crashes here as I'm not sure how to read them but you can post those links (sensitive information will be removed) over at the SourceMod server section.
Accelerator logs should be posted in the plugin thread. I'm not that good at reading them either, but creating a new thread would get them silent treatment. Better to post them here, and PM Asherkin or someone else who can read them and provide feedback.
Old 02-07-2017 , 17:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Thanks for trying it out

I'm sorry if ABM is really causes crashes for you. The most important log I can figure out will be at path like this left4dead2/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/logs/ . You're looking for logs that start with "errors_". Look into the latest log and see if abm.smx is causing any problems. Whether you see something in there regarding abm.smx or not, can you also please try figuring out the pattern that may cause a crash? Random is almost impossible to fix but if you're onto something and can provide me some steps to make it crash, I'll be psyched to look into it and I'll most likely be able to fix it.

I'll friend ya and we'll see together if we can figure it out but if worse comes to worse please try Asherkin's Accelerator. Do not post any links from your crashes here as I'm not sure how to read them but you can post those links (sensitive information will be removed) over at the SourceMod server section.

The abm_loglevel cvar is mostly used to help with development and not for debugging crashes. I'm afraid the only time it becomes helpful is when you can reliably reproduce a crash. If you can reliably reproduce a crash, walk me through the steps and I should be able to figure it out.
I just freed up a slot in my friends list, you can befriend me now.

Note that I don't know your steam so I can't send you a friend request, you'll have to send me one, or link me and i'll send you a request.

Last edited by enviousarm; 02-07-2017 at 17:43.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-07-2017 , 17:58   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Accelerator logs should be posted in the plugin thread. I'm not that good at reading them either, but creating a new thread would get them silent treatment. Better to post them here, and PM Asherkin or someone else who can read them and provide feedback.
I've tracked 3 to 4 servers (3 dedicated, 1 test) with Accelerator all running ABM and since the 3rd at 12AM to today (right now) - from 476 games played, only 4 crashes have happened. I can account for two of them happening on "Dead Before Dawn DC" getting "ED_Alloc: no free edicts" and the other 2, I'm not sure.

I don't doubt ABM may just crash a server but we also don't know if ABM is the culprit causing the crashes. Random crashes are never good and you can almost find yourself starting from scratch to figure them out. I recommend posting Accelerator links at the server section because random doesn't point to ABM even if ABM is the only plugin running.

If anyone can walk me through how to get ABM to crash, I'll fix it ASAP. If anyone can provide some clues to getting it to somewhat reliably crash, I'll dig into it. But, Accelerator logs won't help any of us here. I think posting information on server, architecture, distro, versions, etc would be better posted at the server section along with links to the crashes.

I'll try friending the op again. If we ever do figure it out and ABM is the problem, everyone benefits. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it very soon.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2017 , 19:48   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #125

Not sure why you're having these crashes, but I've encountered none. I got three dedicated servers running 24/7: 9 Players - Normal (Naniwa City with my little fix for the finale), 11 Players - Advanced (Freezer Burn), 13 Players - Expert (Dead Echo).

Extensions Lists:

Last edited by cravenge; 02-07-2017 at 19:52.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-08-2017 , 15:19   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #126

Hello fellas,

For those of you following ABM, I have something I need to ask. How do you guys feel about a name change? The story behind ABM is simple. The original name was "Botiplex" but I kept getting annoyed with how long that name was and when I had to type all the commands (before making menus) it felt laborious. I got so tired of the long name, I shortened it to ABM with the idea it would stand for "Another Bot Manager" (I know, ridiculous).

There was no "Bot Manager" so then "A" would have to stand for Awesome but how generic? I didn't like it but kept the name "ABM" as a codename and as if it stood for something... It doesn't. But I have a name that I think will better identify its purpose and the initials are even shorter than ABM. I'm currently looking for a way to sort of support both names until maybe 50 releases from now but I'm also just thinking of dropping ABM in favor of it.

If you don't mind, you don't have to reply but if you have any advice you can offer or any suggestions other than "I agree, +1, do it, no problem, yay, etc" I'd love to hear it.

Thanks
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-08-2017 , 20:52   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #127

Hello Fellas,

I've never actually tested ABM in Vs but today I had a Vs game on one of my servers and thought I'd jump in as the 9th man to see what's up. It was a total failure and it was a bit upsetting. Good news is, in just about 20 minutes after that horrible and atrocious experience I fixed up everything I found to be a problem **but** I have one problem that's obvious and it's bothering me.

I can't spawn more infected in Vs as I can in any other mode. It seems every mode is not capped but Vs is. I'd love to upload this change tonight but I feel without this ability ABM won't live up to 5+ 9+ games and that is its purpose Scotty. Does anyone know how to raise the hard cap in Vs? I'm working on it but if anyone can hint me in now as to how to raise that Vs limit that would be great
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-08-2017 , 23:45   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #128

Well fellas,

The news gets better. Currently the Vs situation forced me to look into using Left4Downtown and I'm happy to say, it's working out. Hopefully I'll have something up soon
kot4404
Old 02-09-2017 , 02:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #129

I think, there should be thing that disabled spectators. Sometimes after takeover it glitches and they stay in spectators, and we all know, that some players are dumb enough to not know how to join back, even with advertisements
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-10-2017 , 00:03   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #130

Hello Fellas,

Version 0.1.34 has preliminary support for Vs and better support for auto difficulty if you have Left 4 Downtown 2 (optional). The issues I found when playing Vs for just 5 minutes are all fixed but there might just be issues I completely missed out on. Some of the issues found and fixed are
  • Stacking survivors
  • Unable to swap sides (game over)
  • Abruptly getting knocked out from your SI ghost while setting up for an attack
  • N Vs 4 (SI never got greater than 4 in Vs)

If you have Left 4 Downtown 2 enabled on your server, ABM will try to use it. Some campaigns use scripts to enable/disable certain situations and without it ABM will do what it can, but with it ABM can now try to override some restrictions for a more aggressive experience.

You can get Left 4 Downtown 2 here and if the Linux build doesn't work for you Spirit_12 has a build here that just may do the trick.

Left 4 Downtown 2 is not required but ABM will try to use it if it's available. Thank you Spirit_12 for your build and to ProdigySim for helping me figure out how to use Left 4 Downtown the way I needed it.

Any feedback is appreciated fellas, thanks

Edit: I forgot to mention the issues I've found left over from Vs. So far so good but I can't use abm-mk on team infected. It appears when using it, most of the SI put in end up just dying. Anyone know what's happening here?
Attached Files
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: smx abm.smx (37.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 185 views - 68.2 KB)

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 02-10-2017 at 04:40.