Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Evolution

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-27-2006 , 02:59   Re: Evolution
Reply With Quote #11

I'm Catholic and I've got my own theories unguided by the church. I agree with sawce about it not happening in 7 days. I believe the conversion of those "days" to our modern day is off, by how much I don't know. My other theory is that the paradise that was built, was the entire universe in a process called "the big bang". If you take a look at some pictures taken from the Hubble telescope you can see that our universe is one gigantic paradise of massive proportions.

As for evolution, science tells half-truths, what science has told us is 10 billion years old could really only be 1 billion year old. But science is close enough to fact to suggest that our time-span far exceeds what Christians have estimated people have lived on Earth for, which is about 5000-6000 years. So again, just because the church didn't get numbers 100% doesn't mean there does not exist a God.

Evolution is part of the half-truths, we can't prove we mutated from apes, we can only suggest. It takes about 500,000 years to have a noticable mutation difference in a species, and even that is not a big species changing difference. If life has been on Earth starting from cell organisms, it would take roughly 5 billion years of mutation to get to the point we are at now. Since the last wipe-out its been about 70-100million years. That could be enough time to go from tiny mammal -> apes -> humans. Scientists think we started in Africa, but a Japanese scientist claims we evolved in several places at the same time. Coincidence or evolution?