Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Reservable Servers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DarkMind
Old 11-05-2004 , 16:19   Reservable Servers
Reply With Quote #1

A while ago, K2 offered his Nexus HardFought server to the general public for scrimmages/matches (until he converted the server over to RtCW... traitor!!! ). He created a web-site template that provided everything necessary to offer this in time-blocks. In fact, as the leader of Project X clan (-pX-), we used his server frequently for OGL (well before the bastardization of leagues like CAL).
Not many people are willing to provide a free and invaluable service to the CS community. Such a contribution is equal to the developers of MetaMod, AMXX Mod, and so forth. So, I personally thank you, K2, for letting us few players know there are people who actually give a shit about online gaming and it's respective communities. Well done, sir.

Anyways, I feel that this creation might be extendable into SourceMod. Now, although a web-based template will be more than necessary, a plugin to aid this service could prove invaluable. The plugin could handle various, menial options such as:
  • Customised information displays
    Rules/Overview
    In-game URL link
    Daily/Weekly schedule display (for current reservations)
    HTML GUI (using web-server MySQL)

At this time, I will need more time to further iron out a lot of the details, but I was thinking this would have aided K2 immeasurably. Anyways, K2 could provide all the details regarding this sytem (if unknown to the AMX/AMXX/SourceMod team and, of course, if he is willing). I have a few other ideas, but I'm taking the time to sort them out before revealing them.
IP = 66.208.107.35:27015