Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

After clean install of server, I'm being told it's out of date...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
pabertay
Old 10-07-2023 , 11:09   After clean install of server, I'm being told it's out of date...
Reply With Quote #1

My Google searches for this issue haven't provided much help, so wondering if someone here has any sage advice.

I'm looking to get a dedicated server up and running locally on my Windows 10 machine. I have followed the steps on this page. When I start the server, I get the following:

Code:
♥MasterRequestRestart
Your server is out of date. Please update and restart.
I find this strange as this is a fresh server install, and the validation process raised no concerns. Regardless, I go back to steamcmd, point at the server location using 'force_install_dir' and use the 'update' command just to be sure. Again, running the server results in the out of date message.

So—considering it might be my own incompetence using command line—I deleted the server directories and tried installing, then running, a server using the GUI tool. Yet again, running the server results in the same message.

Has anyone had success in overcoming this issue?

I am not the owner of the computer I am trying to achieve this on (it's borrowed from my institution) but I am going to request if I can do a clean install of Windows and see if that helps at all, but in the mean time I thought I should ask in case someone can make a simpler suggestion here.