Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Opinions on Coding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
wrecked_
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2011 , 14:31   Opinions on Coding
Reply With Quote #1

This thread recently got me thinking about how different everyone is in their views on programming. So my question to you all is exactly that. How do you feel about it?

For example, more often than not, coding will feel as a sort of burden to me. It's less about the satisfaction of writing the actual code that I feel is rewarding, and more about the moment I realize I know exactly how everything is going to be laid out by the time I finish the project. That realization along with the praise and fun that comes out of some of my plugins is what keeps my drive to program.

In the thread mentioned above, I was surprised when I read that Tirant rewrites every single plugin he makes at least once. I couldn't even imagine having to recreate some of my larger projects just to come out with often unnoticeable and trivial optimizations (don't yell at me, you know most are very trivial).

If you don't code then this thread obviously isn't for you, but feel free to post if you have something to contribute.

tl;dr How do you feel about coding? Do you feel the actual writing of the projects to be anything more than a burden?