0% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mattsville
Old 05-14-2010 , 17:43   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot1st View Post
It's more a case that the file doesn't appear rather than blocking access to it. I'm currently in the process of persuading them to allow a config file in there that would enable another plugin to function properly, and that's taken a while for them to even reply to my initial email. They keep telling me that they will do it, or have done, but still the file will not appear.
Can I make a suggestion that will be painful at first but will probably help dramatically?

Find a new server provider...

Seriously, I can't imagine any reason why a GSP would block users from adding .cfg files to the cfg folder. Some files like .dlls and .exe's I can understand as they can be harmful, but it sounds to me like your provider either doesn't know what they are doing or don't care that much about their customers...

If you want a recomendation, I'm with Hypernia and am really happy with them, but really there are a lot of other really decent GSP's out there to choose from too.

In the end, getting a server up and running is hard enough as it is without having to struggle with your provider as well.

Anyways that is my 2 cents.