Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Server crash with ptbx after steam update (Closed)

AngelFire
Old 07-14-2005 , 18:20   Server crash with ptbx after steam update (Closed)

Hello

After the steam update 7. th. of july my server crashes with ptbx both the newest and the older one. I have 3 servers one on linux and 2 on windows. The 2 on windows crashes with ptbx on. The linux css server dosen't. What have happen in that update since the win version crashes the server is a good question, but would be thrilled if you could look into the windows version of ptbx and probally fix it. Beacuse ptbx is great and would miss it a lot on my servers.

Other plugins I run on the server is

Beetlemod
matties evenscript

took one plugin of at a time, so I could see what plugin was causing the server crash and when I took of ptbx it stopped crashing. Were like crashing every 5-10 mins.

The question is does statsx have the same problem, since I only use ptbx from the pack.

Anyone else with the same problem regarding ptbx and have a solution?
goavz
Old 07-15-2005 , 16:59  

Same problem here on a windows machine. Seems to crash when it actually tries to do a player switch. I tried taking bots off, but it's not related.
ToAo82
Old 07-16-2005 , 03:38  

For me it seems, Xadmin or Ptbx is also crashing my Windowsmachine..
When deactivated, Server runs.. With both running there are crashes every few minutes..
XAD
Old 07-16-2005 , 19:31   Re: Server crash with ptbx after steam update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFire
The 2 on windows crashes with ptbx on. The linux css server dosen't.
Can you check the "ptb status" on the server console??

Which of these lines do you get??
PTBx: SwitchTeam will not kill alive players.
PTBx: SwitchTeam will kill alive players.

/X
AngelFire
Old 07-17-2005 , 05:39  

I will try to put it on later today, because it's rented servers, so I have to arrange it with the owner, but I don't think it will be a problem, since I'm a supporter at that game hosting firm.
ToAo82
Old 07-17-2005 , 10:15  

I'm not 100% sure..
But wouldn't it do an "rcon ptb status" ?
AngelFire
Old 07-18-2005 , 21:58  

I have done som testing with bots regarding "ptb deadonly" tried with 2 first as it is default, then 0 and at last 1 (dead only) and everytime it does try to switch someone if they are dead or alive it crashes the server. what goes wrong I'm not sure don't know if it's because it switches ppl before the new round actually starts kind of teleport but then again works fine on linux. Then you ask yourself what is diffrent in the serverside from linux to windows or if windows have got some kind of update the linux version haven't because it started after the update the 13th of july. But must admit I really miss ptbx on my 3 serverns does make the teams more even
goavz
Old 07-18-2005 , 22:38  

Here is the error I get when starting the server with PTBx installed on Win2000. Hope this helps you find the problem...

[PTBx] WARNING: Couldn't find address for CCSPlayer::SwitchTeam!
XAD
Old 07-19-2005 , 03:29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goavz
Here is the error I get when starting the server with PTBx installed on Win2000. Hope this helps you find the problem...

[PTBx] WARNING: Couldn't find address for CCSPlayer::SwitchTeam!
Thanks, this is what I needed...

I found the problem to be in the "special-use-non-allowed-class-methods-in-windows" logic. This logic I was given from another coder which uses a signature-hook-logic (this is only for windows). As the signature has changed it can't find the function to do a change team without killing an alive player. Unfortenately the code had a bug so it crashed instead of only deactivate the call and instead do a regular kill and change team.

As I need the new signature and does not have the utilities to get it, I can deactivate this logic but are you guys still interrested in it then??

/X
AngelFire
Old 07-19-2005 , 09:18  

Something must valve have change since it does that, sice it has worked perfectly before. Hope they dosen't do that to the linux aswell because I soon will be moving onto linux instead. What I defently liked about ptbx was that it change ppl without killing them. I used another one like yours before ptbx, but that one killed ppl and they really complained about it espacillay if it's the same person that get swapped almost all the time.