Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D] Melee Fatigue

Post New Thread Reply   

mukla67
Old 01-09-2009 , 17:43   [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #1

Is there anyway someone can make a plug-in so it puts the melee fatigue back on vs. You know where before valve done the recent update if u melee spammed more than 5 times it would slow ur melee attack down by about half a second or something. I'm Requesting this because it's rather annoyin on my server when people just run through the whole map melee spamming so no infected have a chance so if someone could make this i would be very greatful and im sure many others would be too. God knows why valve took it out but saying that i could say why did valve give the rights to the 360 and ruin the game also

Thanks in advance guys
Mukla
ChillyWI
Old 01-09-2009 , 17:59   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #2

For reference the melee fatigue was a bug caused by server admins having sv_cheats in their config, even when it was set to 0. Melee slowdown has never been a designed part of L4D. Of course, that doesn't change how a plugin would function, but wanted you to have your facts straight.
mukla67
Old 01-09-2009 , 19:47   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #3

lol either way when it was on it was sooo much better for vs as it stopped the sitting in the orner spamming or running through whole map spamming so anyone who are infected just get the effects of a very poor flashbang all map
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 01-09-2009 , 19:47   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyWI View Post
For reference the melee fatigue was a bug caused by server admins having sv_cheats in their config, even when it was set to 0. Melee slowdown has never been a designed part of L4D. Of course, that doesn't change how a plugin would function, but wanted you to have your facts straight.
This isn't correct. Before the sv_cheats patch (which didn't really fix the problem), there were cvars that controlled the fatigue. If you set sv_cheats 0, it didn't change these variables, but they would magically "turn on" and actually do what their descriptions said.

After the patch, they were completely removed.
mukla67
Old 01-10-2009 , 15:29   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #5

lol either way weather it was intentional or not is there anyone who can create a CVAR that sticks the fatigue back on servers?
Durzel
Old 01-12-2009 , 10:29   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #6

The cvars for melee fatigue already exist, you can play around with them to restore melee fatigue to what it was like when the "sv_cheats 0 in config" bug existed.
mukla67
Old 01-12-2009 , 12:10   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #7

durzel mate can u jump on steam then and direct me how to create a cvar for this or edit the existing one like u said as alot of ppl really want it on my server also
sexconker
Old 01-12-2009 , 19:38   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #8

I would LOVE to know what the cvars for this are...
SirLamer
Old 01-14-2009 , 11:03   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #9

Wow, I never thought about it but I completely agree that there should be some sort of melee fatigue. Everyone is constantly meleeing as a defense instead of employing any real strategy or situational awareness. I have found that the game is less intense and thrilling ever since everyone just figured out "KEEP MELEEING". If people fatigued then it would be a much more competitive game.
tfphoenix
Old 01-18-2009 , 12:58   Re: [L4D] Melee Fatigue
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
Wow, I never thought about it but I completely agree that there should be some sort of melee fatigue. Everyone is constantly meleeing as a defense instead of employing any real strategy or situational awareness. I have found that the game is less intense and thrilling ever since everyone just figured out "KEEP MELEEING". If people fatigued then it would be a much more competitive game.
I agree to an extent but understand the average person that will get stuck in your vs server by chance will leave anyway as its not the melee they are used to and they wont like it as much as you might. Unless you have 8 consenting friends and then turn it on I don't see it as being fair.