Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

To the moderators/approvers

Post New Thread Reply   

Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 05-12-2023 , 21:39   To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #1

Hey, a lot of spambots are getting caught and banned, yet their posts are not deleted and their adverstisement are still online because it doesn’t get deleted. Since it’s just spam it seems pointless to ban and not delete the posts/threads
Old 05-13-2023 , 04:53   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #2

That is what happens, if many moderators have stopped checking the forums for reported posts and the admins don't handle applications for new mods at all. Add ancient forum software to it, whose anti bot method is as old as this forum, and voilà, this is what you see here.

thEsp
BANNED
Old 06-08-2023 , 19:44   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
That is what happens, if many moderators have stopped checking the forums for reported posts and the admins don't handle applications for new mods at all. Add ancient forum software to it, whose anti bot method is as old as this forum, and voilà, this is what you see here.
Not being personal or anything but looking at your profile it makes me think about what you just said. Joined 17+ years ago, active for most of that time, 49 years old, contributed nothing, basically a maniac forum leecher. Would be ok if you actually started a career or at least made a profit from this forum, but to do nothing all this time? Don't you think this is a teeny tiny "you" problem?

Again nothing personal but it's really apparent you don't understand the concept of moving on in life, but hopefully I've seen nothing and I'm wrong...
Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 06-09-2023 , 11:06   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
Not being personal or anything but looking at your profile it makes me think about what you just said. Joined 17+ years ago, active for most of that time, 49 years old, contributed nothing, basically a maniac forum leecher. Would be ok if you actually started a career or at least made a profit from this forum, but to do nothing all this time? Don't you think this is a teeny tiny "you" problem?

Again nothing personal but it's really apparent you don't understand the concept of moving on in life, but hopefully I've seen nothing and I'm wrong...
Contributed nothing? You have no idea what you are talking about. He had the most usefull and used plugin until 2013 before Valve made a major update that messed with amxx and even clients. Back in 2013 some people couldn’t join cs1.6 no matter how many times they reinstalled it. That’s when people started playing csgo, because they couldn’t play cs 1.6. Csgo would be a failed game if valve didn’t make that 2013 update.
Old 06-09-2023 , 16:11   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
Contributed nothing? You have no idea what you are talking about. He had the most usefull and used plugin until 2013 before Valve made a major update that messed with amxx and even clients. Back in 2013 some people couldn’t join cs1.6 no matter how many times they reinstalled it. That’s when people started playing csgo, because they couldn’t play cs 1.6. Csgo would be a failed game if valve didn’t make that 2013 update.
Earm, nope. I was only helping xOR as a mod helping users solving problems with the configuration of xredirect. I had up to 8 servers running and thus much experience with it. But I never had any idea about coding and while playing and enjoying CS1.6 I never had the mood or enthusiasm to learn how to code. So I tried to give what I could back to this community.

Jhob94
AMX Mod X Donor
Old 06-13-2023 , 06:08   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Earm, nope. I was only helping xOR as a mod helping users solving problems with the configuration of xredirect. I had up to 8 servers running and thus much experience with it. But I never had any idea about coding and while playing and enjoying CS1.6 I never had the mood or enthusiasm to learn how to code. So I tried to give what I could back to this community.
I didn’t say that you were the one who wrote it, but you were the one taking care of it. After all most of new users used to struggle configurating it. I remember that my first 2 servers were 2 servers of 15 slots each. They were Bhop servers, one for easy/medium maps and one for hard maps. I struggled configurating xredirect, that’s when i joined this community.
The same way it happened to me it probably happened to many others so yeah. Someone that often helps out people configurating is a much bigger contribution than someone who releases trashy bad coded plugins (me )
Old 05-16-2023 , 00:17   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #7

Hopefully when CS2 comes out and Sourcemod get's an update the forum will get some new life brought back into it.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 05-16-2023 , 19:06   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #8

It still shocks me how active the forum is for hold old of a game HL/CS is.
Old 05-17-2023 , 10:48   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
It still shocks me how active the forum is for hold old of a game HL/CS is.
This shouldn't shock you considering the games are active as well. I'm gonna "believe" you would say the same for the Discord counterpart.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 05-30-2023 , 15:34   Re: To the moderators/approvers
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRiAnIlloO View Post
This shouldn't shock you considering the games are active as well. I'm gonna "believe" you would say the same for the Discord counterpart.
By that comment I meant the games & forum -- obviously if the games were dead, the forum would be, too.