Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Add TF2 workshop maps to the tracked list on a delay, avoiding a crashing issue
    Old 06-20-2015 , 19:49   TF2 Workshop Map Loader
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin will crash your server if you're using sv_setsteamaccount, due to a game bug.

Specifically, when the server needs to update a map or download a new map, steamclient.dll/.so will crash when attempting to look up the GameServer's server ID.

Requirements:
    Team Fortress 2 server
    Map Workshop ID numbers

Description:
    This plugin works around a server crashing bug related to tf_workshop_map_sync and MapChooser/Nominations/RockTheVote by delaying when maps are added to the tracking list.

Basically, this plugin forces the TF2 server to start tracking specific workshop maps after a delay.

The reason you want your workshop maps tracked is because TF2 will not update them when they aren't being tracked.

Tracking also makes FindMap start resolving workshop maps to their longer map names which may will be used in future SourceMod map-related plugins.

You can tell it which maps to track by putting their ID numbers in a file (default: cfg/workshop_maps.txt)

This calls tf_workshop_map_sync internally.

Valve's John S. has said that this bug will be fixed in the next TF2 update.

A workshop map will only be added to the tracking list once unless this plugin is reloaded (the plugin tracks which maps have been added to the tracking list).

Valve's John S. has said that eventually all maps in your server's mapcycle will be tracked automatically, which may make this plugin obsolete.

Changelog
      • Initial release.

Installation
    1. Copy tf2_workshop_map_loader.smx to your server's plugins folder.
    2. Edit workshop_maps.txt to include the maps you want on your server.
    3. Copy workshop_maps.txt to your server's cfg/ folder.
    Known Bugs

None in the plugin at present.

There is currently a game bug that makes the server crash when sv_setsteamaccount has been used before tf_workshop_map_sync has been called.

ConVars:
    • tf2_workshop_map_loader_enable - Defaults to 1. Set to 0 to disable this plugin.
    • tf2_workshop_map_loader_filename - Defaults to "cfg/workshop_maps.txt". Change this to make the plugin use a different list.
    • tf2_workshop_map_loader_delay - Defaults to 5.0. How long after configuration files execute should this be run? Minimum 5.0, Maximum 60.0.

This plugin will read cfg/sourcemod/tf2_workshop_map_loader.cfg if present, but does not create it.

Format of workshop_maps.txt:

One workshop ID per line

Code:
    The attached workshop_maps.txt is from my test server and the Workshop IDs contained should not be taken as me endorsing these maps.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2_workshop_map_loader.sp - 1888 views - 4.3 KB)
    File Type: txt workshop_maps.txt (31 Bytes, 610 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-20-2015 at 20:13.
    Grimman
    Old 08-09-2015 , 04:15   Re: TF2 Workshop Map Loader
    Reply With Quote #2

I got this plugin for our workshop server, but it seems that our server keeps getting stuck when downloading maps.

Code:
    L 08/09/2015 - 10:13:10: [SM] Changed map to "workshop/pl_swiftwater_final.ugc473210550"
    [TF Workshop] Preparing map ID 473210550
    [TF Workshop] Got updated information for map [ workshop/pl_swiftwater_final.ugc473210550 ]
    [TF Workshop] Waiting for map download to complete [ workshop/pl_swiftwater_final.ugc473210550 ]
    And it just stays there and does nothing.

Last edited by Grimman; 08-09-2015 at 05:39.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-09-2015 , 11:46   Re: TF2 Workshop Map Loader
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grimman View Post
    I got this plugin for our workshop server, but it seems that our server keeps getting stuck when downloading maps.

Code:
    L 08/09/2015 - 10:13:10: [SM] Changed map to "workshop/pl_swiftwater_final.ugc473210550"
    [TF Workshop] Preparing map ID 473210550
    [TF Workshop] Got updated information for map [ workshop/pl_swiftwater_final.ugc473210550 ]
    [TF Workshop] Waiting for map download to complete [ workshop/pl_swiftwater_final.ugc473210550 ]
    And it just stays there and does nothing.
    There's currently a bug in the game itself involving this.

I've reported it to Valve's John Schoenick.

He said it should be fixed in the next TF2 update, but didn't say when that would be.

Edit: Since it wasn't clear, I actually reported this to Valve on Tuesday/Wednesday while doing some testing.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-09-2015 at 11:54.
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-19-2015 , 12:55   Re: TF2 Workshop Map Loader
    Reply With Quote #4

This plugin should be useless as of the current update.