Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Light on func_targer model entity

Post New Thread Reply   

DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2017 , 05:21   Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. For the info_target entity, how can I make the model to be brighter ?
I mean that after the task is executed, the model should be brighter than it was before.
The entity uses a variable ent_info_target so it should look for that 1 and set the light.

Code:
entity_set_model(ent_info_target, model_path)
This code sets the model of the entity, and the model_path is defined to look for the map name and set the model according to the name of the map but I failed at making it brighter on task execution.
Thanks !
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2017 , 05:50   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #2

Not sure if this will help, but here u go:
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <fakemeta> //#include <hamsandwich> //#include <D7Debug> public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("D7 Render Entities Map", "0.0.5", "D i 5 7 i n c T")         set_pev(0, pev_rendermode, kRenderTransTexture);     set_pev(0, pev_renderamt, 128.0)         new iIDEnt = -1, iSzLenght;         while ((iIDEnt = engfunc(EngFunc_FindEntityInSphere, iIDEnt, Float:{ 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 }, 9000.0)) != 0)     {         if (!pev_valid(iIDEnt))             continue;                 static szEntInfo[32];         pev(iIDEnt, pev_classname, szEntInfo, charsmax(szEntInfo))                 //ftD7Log(_, _, "[plugin_init] iIDEnt: %d. Class name: ^"%s^".", iIDEnt, szEntInfo)                 pev(iIDEnt, pev_model, szEntInfo, charsmax(szEntInfo))                 //ftD7Log(_, _, "[plugin_init] iIDEnt: %d. Model: ^"%s^".^n", iIDEnt, szEntInfo)                 if (szEntInfo[0] != '*')         {             iSzLenght = strlen(szEntInfo);                         if (iSzLenght < 4)                 continue;                         if (equali(szEntInfo[iSzLenght - 4], ".mdl"))             {                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_rendermode, kRenderNormal)                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderfx, kRenderFxGlowShell)                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_rendercolor, Float:{ 255.0, 255.0, 255.0 })                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderamt, 15.0)             }             else if (equali(szEntInfo[iSzLenght - 4], ".spr"))             {                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderamt, 191.0)             }         }         else         {             set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_rendermode, kRenderTransTexture);             set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderamt, 128.0)         }     } }
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (D7RenderEntitiesMap.sma - 482 views - 1.4 KB)
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 02-26-2017 , 05:52   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <fakemeta> //#include <hamsandwich> //#include <D7Debug> public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("D7 Render Entities Map", "0.0.5", "D i 5 7 i n c T")         set_pev(0, pev_rendermode, kRenderTransTexture);     set_pev(0, pev_renderamt, 128.0)         new iIDEnt = -1, iSzLenght;         while ((iIDEnt = engfunc(EngFunc_FindEntityInSphere, iIDEnt, Float:{ 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 }, 9000.0)) != 0)     {         if (!pev_valid(iIDEnt))             continue;                 static szEntInfo[32];         pev(iIDEnt, pev_classname, szEntInfo, charsmax(szEntInfo))                 //ftD7Log(_, _, "[plugin_init] iIDEnt: %d. Class name: ^"%s^".", iIDEnt, szEntInfo)                 pev(iIDEnt, pev_model, szEntInfo, charsmax(szEntInfo))                 //ftD7Log(_, _, "[plugin_init] iIDEnt: %d. Model: ^"%s^".^n", iIDEnt, szEntInfo)                 if (szEntInfo[0] != '*')         {             iSzLenght = strlen(szEntInfo);                         if (iSzLenght < 4)                 continue;                         if (equali(szEntInfo[iSzLenght - 4], ".mdl"))             {                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_rendermode, kRenderNormal)                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderfx, kRenderFxGlowShell)                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_rendercolor, Float:{ 255.0, 255.0, 255.0 })                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderamt, 15.0)             }             else if (equali(szEntInfo[iSzLenght - 4], ".spr"))             {                 set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderamt, 191.0)             }         }         else         {             set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_rendermode, kRenderTransTexture);             set_pev(iIDEnt, pev_renderamt, 128.0)         }     } }
Declare iIDEnt as static.
Old 02-26-2017 , 06:26   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
Code:
It doesn't work fine, should find every info_target entities only and make them brighter.
What it does now is that it shows white colors brighted 100% for a few secs, they dissapear and appear on other places. It should light every single info_target entity constantly and u should see the entity not a white background image. Also i don't want the image color to glow, i want it to be static.

Last edited by DarthMan; 02-26-2017 at 06:36.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 02-26-2017 , 06:38   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
Declare iIDEnt as static.
Why?
Old 02-26-2017 , 07:02   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMan View Post
It doesn't work fine, should find every info_target entities only and make them brighter.
What it does now is that it shows white colors brighted 100% for a few secs, they dissapear and appear on other places. It should light every single info_target entity constantly and u should see the entity not a white background image. Also i don't want the image color to glow, i want it to be static.
I didn't say it does exactly what you want. I gave it to you as an example.
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 02-26-2017 , 07:10   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Why?
Because of the while loop?
Old 02-26-2017 , 07:43   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #8

Is iIDEnt declared in the loop? No.
Old 02-26-2017 , 07:46   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Is iIDEnt declared in the loop? No.
But it's used in the loop, so it will be called until loop returns true.
Old 02-26-2017 , 08:29   Re: Light on func_targer model entity
Reply With Quote #10

You're misunderstanding the purpose of "static". It means just that unlike 'new', the variable is not initialized and the value will remain after the function is executed.
You don't need that in the current context.

You can read the Pawn Language Guide about static local declaration

:

Last edited by Arkshine; 02-26-2017 at 08:30.