3% 

CS 1.6 Stats question

Post New Thread Reply   

Warlord_dd2
Old 04-28-2014 , 20:55   CS 1.6 Stats question
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I am having a server with standard CS stats that are saved at:
cstrike/addons/amxmodx/data/csstats.dat (currently about 150k big file for about 1.3k entries)

They reset at 3.500 entries which is not really useful way of restarting them, as I neither control it properly, nor I can increase it to like 10.000 as that would make a major server performance impact - at least I read it on multiple places, but that still wouldn't be a good solution anyway.

What I need is for number itself to be smaller (tops 2k, but to be able to delete last 1.000 or 1.500 or some arbitrary number of entries), since they don't have a chance to win the first spot or even be close to it, but it would allow me to more or less control the period of each rank.

Someone would say that I can implement rank A or rank B or write it myself (and I could if I would have unlimited time on my disposal), but since I don't, and since standard CS stats are doing the job well enough, I would like to just control them a little bit better, and for that reason I am asking this question, as someone with little bit of knowledge in this area can cut my testing time tremendously

Thank you in advanced
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2014 , 10:15   Re: CS 1.6 Stats question
Reply With Quote #2

If you look into the amxx.cfg file (located in addons/amxmodx/configs), you can edit the max ranks and when they should reset.
Old 04-30-2014 , 17:34   Re: CS 1.6 Stats question
Reply With Quote #3

@ DruGzOG,

Thank you for your answer.

However, that is not really a good solution for me, since setting max ranks to a higher number would not mean that rank is reset every 10 days (which is what I really need), while increasing max amount of ranks would make big impact on server itself which is another factor against it.

In short, I need a way to make sure that rank resets every 10 days.
I was hoping that I can erase some last rank positions from memory until some time period passes, and then let them finish it but obviously I can't do that in a easy way.

What I was then thinking was to delete last rows in csstats.dat file until condition is satisfied, but ofcourse, since entire file is not easily readable, doing that on my own would take quite some time and require quite some trials and errors until I do it right with of course unknown performance cost, and that is why I was hoping that someone with a little bit more insight in that area could help me with a way to delete records from rank list in some better way.

All in all, I need a way to delete entries from rank, as that way I can manage time requirement without having a big performance impact.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2014 , 19:53   Re: CS 1.6 Stats question
Reply With Quote #4

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...csstats+editor