Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots

Post New Thread Reply   

Cyriv
Old 08-27-2022 , 13:05   [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. I'm requesting a plugin that it gives Cosmetics & Weapons to certain & specific bots like in item index format.

Example:
"Fred" - Natasha, Officer's Ushanka, Family Business
"Redimus" - Force-a-nature, Flapjack, Ghostly Gibus, Winger, Sun On A Stick

Maybe a CFG type of file to edit the bots cosmetics & items
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2022 , 14:20   Re: [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #2

I can make a plugin that does what you want, but I don't know how to make it work with a config file. You'd have to edit the source code yourself to make any adjustments you need. I'll work on it when I get a chance and will comment the lines of code so you know where to edit.

If you add a few more examples before I start coding I'll put them in the code for you.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2022 , 03:43   Re: [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #3

I changed this plugin several times over the last couple of days in an effort to simplify it. This latest version requires TFEconData and TF2Attributes by the talented nosoop. The use of his includes greatly simplifies things for you since you don't need to know the individual item classnames or weapon slots.

I added in a few examples for you. The plugin looks for Bot names of: Fred, Redimus, Fake Batman, Beepman, Samurai, UBDead

If it finds a Bot with one of those names it will give the cosmetics, weapons, and attributes associated with that name to the Bot.

For example, the Bot named Samurai will be a DemoMan wearing samurai clothing, have a sword and shield, will have 5,000 health, cannot use health packs, has 700% damage bonus, has 60% faster attack speed, has 3X melee range, does 1900% more impact damage, and turns victims into gold.

As you might imagine Beepman is an Engineer with Beepman outfit and 2,000 hp. He has an unusual Alien Tech shotgun and builds instantly. His sentry and dispenser have twice the range. Weapons and sentry do more damage.

Fake Batman works for any class. It keeps the current class and adds a Batman costume and gives a Golden Frying Pan. No other changes are made.

Fred and Redimus give exactly what you requested. I made Redimus' Force-A-Nature Australium.

For real chaos try the bot named UBDead (case matters in the spelling of Bot names). It will not disappoint.

The extreme examples I made should do a good job illustrating just how powerful this plugin can be for you. I like this plugin enough to maybe add it in the plugins section.

Plugin Name: Botbuilder

Plugin Dependencies:
TF2Attributes by nosoop. Link: https://github.com/nosoop/tf2attributes
TFEconData by nosoop. Link: https://github.com/nosoop/SM-TFEconData
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (botbuilder.sp - 23 views - 37.2 KB)
File Type: smx botbuilder.smx (15.5 KB, 21 views)
Cyriv
Old 09-02-2022 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
I changed this plugin several times over the last couple of days in an effort to simplify it. This latest version requires TFEconData and TF2Attributes by the talented nosoop. The use of his includes greatly simplifies things for you since you don't need to know the individual item classnames or weapon slots.

I added in a few examples for you. The plugin looks for Bot names of: Fred, Redimus, Fake Batman, Beepman, Samurai, UBDead

If it finds a Bot with one of those names it will give the cosmetics, weapons, and attributes associated with that name to the Bot.

For example, the Bot named Samurai will be a DemoMan wearing samurai clothing, have a sword and shield, will have 5,000 health, cannot use health packs, has 700% damage bonus, has 60% faster attack speed, has 3X melee range, does 1900% more impact damage, and turns victims into gold.

As you might imagine Beepman is an Engineer with Beepman outfit and 2,000 hp. He has an unusual Alien Tech shotgun and builds instantly. His sentry and dispenser have twice the range. Weapons and sentry do more damage.

Fake Batman works for any class. It keeps the current class and adds a Batman costume and gives a Golden Frying Pan. No other changes are made.

Fred and Redimus give exactly what you requested. I made Redimus' Force-A-Nature Australium.

For real chaos try the bot named UBDead (case matters in the spelling of Bot names). It will not disappoint.

The extreme examples I made should do a good job illustrating just how powerful this plugin can be for you. I like this plugin enough to maybe add it in the plugins section.

Plugin Name: Botbuilder

Plugin Dependencies:
TF2Attributes by nosoop. Link: https://github.com/nosoop/tf2attributes
TFEconData by nosoop. Link: https://github.com/nosoop/SM-TFEconData

I'm getting an error from Econ saying
"//// botbuilder.sp
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(39) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(45) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(45) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(50) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(50) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(55) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(55) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(60) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(60) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(66) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(66) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(76) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(76) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(81) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(81) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(87) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(87) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(95) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(95) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(101) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(101) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(106) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(106) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(111) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(111) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "("
// D:\Release (1)\Servers\REVZS\Server\tf\addons\sourcemod\ scripting\include\tf_econ_data.inc(122) : error 001: expected token: "(", but found "-identifier-"
Cyriv
Old 09-02-2022 , 14:38   Re: [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #5

I don't know where or what the Error is coming from honestly
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2022 , 18:41   Re: [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #6

Make sure you installed TF2 Econ Data correctly.

Copy tf_econ_data.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins/
Copy tf2.econ_data.txt to addons/sourcemod/gamedata/
Copy tf_econ_data.inc to addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/
Cyriv
Old 09-03-2022 , 14:21   Re: [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Make sure you installed TF2 Econ Data correctly.

Copy tf_econ_data.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins/
Copy tf2.econ_data.txt to addons/sourcemod/gamedata/
Copy tf_econ_data.inc to addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/

Yes. It's installed correctly but this is when I started to compile it then it made this error when I compile
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2022 , 14:46   Re: [TF2] Giving cosmetics & weapons to certain & specific bots
Reply With Quote #8

Maybe you have a corrupted file. Download it again and install it.