Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

FF2 -Boss/rage ideas and requests

Post New Thread Reply   

nope.avi
Old 11-06-2012 , 15:56   -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #1

This section would be for ideas to FF2, including new bosses, rages, etc.
Rather than always making my own ideas, give me some of yours and I'll give it a go.

Suggestions/Requests:
Rages

Rage_ozfur
VSH rage pack from ozfur, such as pony bosses' rage. <Suggested by Research>
Dr Octagonapus' lazer <suggested by MrYtem39

Big rage request of SurroundSoundMeister:
"Blizzard"= its pretty self explanatory,gives foes in range the cold shoulder with a slow down effect and damage. freezes them on death.
"Screen Color change" = gives a temporary color change like sepia,black and white,etc.
"Give Physics gun" = if its possible,maybe give the boss a physics/gravity gun.
"Weapon Roulette" = gives boss a random weapon.
"Upwards!!" = Propels foes into the air
"Rubber Shoes" = gives the boss the ability to bounce after landings.
"Smoke" Surrounds the boss with smoke,color change optional
"Sonic Boom" Skill,A wide soundwave is unleashed,gives lethal damage and horizontal knockback
"Intro Rage" a rage used only for show.
"Lullaby" Gives Slow down and then afterwards stuns opponents with a custom particle effect to emulate that they are sleeping.
"Rage_change" Changes the model of a boss (I think setting it to another cfg would be too much) <Suggested by Surroundsoundmeister>

Timed Rages (for Energy weapons) <Suggested by Research>

ModelSwap - Changes the boss into another model, and possibly a new cfg (Like EVOLUTION!) <Suggested by Fireball_Nation>

Bosses
<NIL>

As for bosses, you tell me, I'll make it (or at least I'll try)
I'll add your requests here.

Dev Suggestions
Timed intro, so that the theme song starts directly after the given time. (They sound better when they blend!) <Suggested by BBG_Theory> <Original Post>

Last edited by nope.avi; 12-10-2012 at 02:05. Reason: Adding
Research
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-07-2012 , 03:02   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #2

All idea in one section?
Good idea!

my request...
...ozfur vsh rage pack?
Surroundsoundmeister
Old 11-07-2012 , 15:58   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #3

Well,i have a request,how bout transformation? the boss would turn into a nother boss after using the rage? it would work well for bosses who would have multiple lives and would give a "second/third form" feel.

Edit:
while your at it you dont mind making two versions of the change rage? one being temporary and one being permanent?

also i got a nother idea for a few rages.
"Blizzard"= its pretty self explanatory,gives foes in range the cold shoulder with a slow down effect and damage. freezes them on death.
"Screen Color change" = gives a temporary color change like sepia,black and white,etc.
"Sonic Boom" Skill,A wide soundwave is unleashed,gives lethal damage and horizontal knockback
"Lullaby" Gives Slow down and then afterwards stuns opponents with a custom particle effect to emulate that they are sleeping.

Last edited by Surroundsoundmeister; 11-08-2012 at 18:52.
Research
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-09-2012 , 02:08   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #4

-Rage request

all player can use only melee weapons!
I try other melee plugin for boss rage but doesn't working
nope.avi
Old 11-09-2012 , 06:35   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research View Post
-Rage request

all player can use only melee weapons!
I try other melee plugin for boss rage but doesn't working
i can help you there, but once he activates it everyone loses all their weps (except melee until round end)

Heres a tip with the new commandsrage:
RTD! use sm_forcertd, it could help you with some cool ones, or existing sm commands!
Old 11-10-2012 , 12:55   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #6

I'd like the lazer for Dr.Octagonapus.
Surroundsoundmeister
Old 11-18-2012 , 10:20   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #7

so,hows progress? also since the boss suggestion list seems empty,how bout i suggest E-102 gamma from the sonic adventure series? the pyro would be a decent base for him.
nope.avi
Old 11-18-2012 , 15:54   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surroundsoundmeister View Post
so,hows progress? also since the boss suggestion list seems empty,how bout i suggest E-102 gamma from the sonic adventure series? the pyro would be a decent base for him.
I'll look into that boss, as for rage requests, this page is maybe for jasonfrog or otokiru to Look at. I'll do the bosses if I can.
Old 11-25-2012 , 19:49   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #9

im back,i been wondering if you need help looking for models for the e-102 boss,there's a place called the models resource that had a good number of models,i also found a C-3PO model from the force unleashed,maybe you can make a C-3PO boss to accompany R2-D2. in a unrelated note,i need to learn how to make my own ff2 bosses, we can discuss it on a PM?
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2012 , 01:14   Re: -Boss/rage ideas and requests
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post
This section would be for ideas to FF2, including new bosses, rages, etc.
Rather than always making my own ideas, give me some of yours and I'll give it a go.

Suggestions/Requests:
Rages

Rage_ozfur
VSH rage pack from ozfur, such as pony bosses' rage. <Suggested by Research>
Dr Octagonapus' lazer <suggested by MrYtem39

Big rage request of SurroundSoundMeister:
"Rage_change" Changes the model of a boss (I think setting it to another cfg would be too much) <Suggested by Surroundsoundmeister>

Bosses
<NIL>

As for bosses, you tell me, I'll make it (or at least I'll try)
Now just for some upcoming bosses (Indigenous Australian Aboriginal Native American)!
I'll add your requests here.

Dev Suggestions
Timed intro, so that the theme song starts directly after the given time. (They sound better when they blend!) <Suggested by BBG_Theory> <Original Post>

I've made a bunch of these rage effects or built them into other plugins/test functions, but my coding is a bit sloppy, and I don't always forward every setting. It's easier just to #define stuff and recompile it, so I don't post it. Additionally, many of these effects require a lot of setup for server operators. If you want the fog effects, or other entity based effects, you have to set up their entities through stripper. Spawning them with sorucemod deosn't seem to work reliably (like making env_fog_controller), at least I couldn't get it to work right. You can get it to make tonemap controllers and stuff, but a lot of clients don't use HDR, so messing with the lighting isn't really worth doing.

Again, if you want grabbermod, throw, knockback, beams, lights, smoke, HL2 projectiles, and that type stuff, there's a lot in legone's entcontrol, just port the functions into ff2 functions: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=157075

If you want to create ice ragdolls (frozen), make players appear dead (spawn ragdolls), sepia effects (nostalgia), spawn sentries, and all other manner of stuff, look at roll the dice (pheadxdll) http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=666222

There's probably some other stuff you can do with the overlays, but I haven't played with it much. I saw that there was HSV, YUV, and a bunch of wireframe render modes. I'm not sure if you can set them on the client, but it may be possible.