Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Seeking CS 1.6 MOTD Browser Information

Post New Thread Reply   

tenub
Old 08-05-2016 , 00:10   Seeking CS 1.6 MOTD Browser Information
Reply With Quote #1

Google returns little to nothing and searching these forums results in the same. Could anyone help me figure out what features of a decent web browser the in-game browser (one used in MOTD windows) do not work? As far as I can tell, drop-downs are unusable (appear behind the window) and ReactJS as well (the virtual events are completely unrecognizable it seems, although basic JavaScript seems to work).

It's really as painful as getting a root canal, attempting to side-step the potholes and determine what I can use for a new website I'm developing for my Kreedz servers.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2016 , 00:27   Re: Seeking CS 1.6 MOTD Browser Information
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenub View Post
a decent web browser the in-game browser (one used in MOTD windows) do not work?
What does not work? An awesome MOTD ajax, sure.

Quote:
It's really as painful as getting a root canal.
What do you mean by "gettgin a root canal"?

Quote:
attempting to side-step the potholes and determine what I can use for a new website I'm developing for my Kreedz servers.
Are you developing a MOTD for "Kreedz servers" and it is a pain in the ass to properly create MOTD's?
If so, yeah it is, can it be easier? I think so, just KISS it.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 08-05-2016 at 00:37. Reason: update
tenub
Old 08-05-2016 , 08:38   Re: Seeking CS 1.6 MOTD Browser Information
Reply With Quote #3

Another one: attempting to type "_" into a form input performs a paste action instead of entering the character. So much for searching map names.

To your last point, I suppose I will need to render everything server-side and hit the server every time I want to change the display of records (order, sort, paginate, etc.).

Last edited by tenub; 08-05-2016 at 08:38.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2016 , 10:31   Re: Seeking CS 1.6 MOTD Browser Information
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Another one: attempting to type "_" into a form input performs a paste action instead of entering the character. So much for searching map names.

To your last point, I suppose I will need to render everything server-side and hit the server every time I want to change the display of records (order, sort, paginate, etc.).
I swear I used to be able to use an underscore in my MOTD webpages. This is the first time I've ever seen it do that.

Anyways, you can use many features but obviously not all of them. You can check out a website I created for use in an MOTD here. It uses a javascript-based lazy load for images (only loads images if they are visible). The back end is PHP and data is stored in a mySQL database.

But ultimately, if you want modern features in an MOTD, you'll need to update to a modern game that supports such features (the half-life engine is nearly 20 years old!).