Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Low polygon models for deathrun

Post New Thread Reply   

kiarfuzzy
Old 06-23-2010 , 05:28   Low polygon models for deathrun
Reply With Quote #1

Well the fps kind of sucks on deathrun because all the time the players are in the same spot and is hard to jump properly with low fps (not to mention that dr maps are not quite optimized)

So it will be nice to have a plugin with low epoly models o players, because it doesn't really matter how the players look in deathrun mod ..
DIREKTOR
Old 06-23-2010 , 07:57   Re: Low polygon models for deathrun
Reply With Quote #2

Search High FPS models on google .
Send a message via MSN to DIREKTOR
kiarfuzzy
Old 01-13-2011 , 12:17   Re: Low polygon models for deathrun
Reply With Quote #3

No point to make a new thread, so i will rephrase the request.

How i said before, fps sucks on deathrun servers because all the players are in one place.
I searh for the High FPS models and found them, but if i copy the mdl's in the models folder, i will always have those models ( and they are kind of ugly to have them on normal cs)

So what i am asking for, is a plugin like this:
When you write in chat something like /hifps on the server, the default models switch to the hifps models, and if i write /hifps, they switch back to the default. With other words, something like the /invis plugin on kz servers.

I am sure a plugin like this will be a success not only on deathrun servers, it will be a success on hns, surf, deathrace and other mods as well.
Elusive138
Old 01-13-2011 , 14:15   Re: Low polygon models for deathrun
Reply With Quote #4

There are plugins that can set the models a server (and its players) use. AMX Mod X is a server mod. You would have to convince the server owners to install a model replacement plugin.
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-13-2011 , 14:43   Re: Low polygon models for deathrun
Reply With Quote #5

The simplest solution is to upgrade your computer, i can play totally fine even if there are 30 cts around

EDIT: O wait, its not simple, whatever
Old 01-13-2011 , 15:34   Re: Low polygon models for deathrun
Reply With Quote #6

@Elusive138
And what is the name of that plugin ? I don't what a plugin that replaces the default models on the server, so it will be just like you copy the hifps models in your own pc.
I repeat, i am looking for a plugin that will change the models if you write something like /hifpsmodels. So this way who has older pc can play with the "ugly" models, and who has better pc and what the normal models or with the hifps models if they want.

@xpaw
Well in my case is not a big problem... i got a pretty good pc and i have fps drops only on the start of the round, after a few players die is ok...

Is it really that hard to make a plugin like this ? I would make it myself, but i don't know anything about scripting, and i wont start learning scripting just for this...
kiarfuzzy
Old 01-15-2011 , 09:21   Re: Low polygon models for deathrun
Reply With Quote #7

up^ nobody can make this ? is it possible at list ?

Last edited by kiarfuzzy; 01-15-2011 at 09:23.