Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Custom Class-Specific Dominations For Heavy/Medic

Post New Thread Reply   

Tecku
Old 08-19-2023 , 18:25   [TF2] Custom Class-Specific Dominations For Heavy/Medic
Reply With Quote #1

I'm new to scripting, and was looking at creating class-specific dominations for Heavy and Medic. I have the sound files already made, but I'm having issues making a plugin/mod for getting it to play.

Here's what I have:
- The sound files are recorded and complete. If this works, I may invest in hiring a voice actor to re-record them in higher quality
- I have a prototype custom sound file that plays these lines when the appropriate "PlayGameSound" console command is run.

What I lack is a way to play them. Here's what I have tried:
- Adding custom rules/responses to the game. I have tried this with a custom response_rules.txt that includes a custom file, but the game doesn't seem to load it.
- A plugin using EmitSoundToAll from the attacker's position. I have a prototype sp file to get started but am having trouble getting it to load.

In fact, I can't seem to get any mod to load. Things I have tried:
- Added the smx file to plugins
- Added plugin_load to server_custom.cfg
- Used "sm plugins load <xxx>" in the console. It says sm in unknown
- Used "plugin_load tf2_oohmoney" in the console. It says can't find <xxx>.dll on disk
- Added "-insecure" to the launch options. It says it's loading the file

Does anyone know how to add custom voice rules to response_rules.txt? If not, could I get help loading my plugins?
I have attached some of the custom files I have so far. They are incomplete, as I want to get a working version of one line before filling in anything else.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (custom-dominations.sp - 66 views - 981 Bytes)
File Type: txt game_sounds_custom_dominations.txt (399 Bytes, 36 views)
File Type: txt custom_dominations.txt (551 Bytes, 31 views)

Last edited by Tecku; 08-19-2023 at 19:54.