Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Is it legal?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Dicez
Old 11-16-2006 , 18:51   Is it legal?

so im surfing the web fro anti cheats for counter strike...and i run along server buddy http://www.serverbuddy.info/news.php

they have thier so called anti cheat for counter strike....so i say ok.. but its an amxx compiled plugin...so i was thinking i heard somewhere before that all amxx plugins must show thier sma data according to law etc... i ask them are you going to share the sma data? He said no that will not be given out..so if you guys can help me convice them to share thier sma data so we can all share this plugin please do so.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-16-2006 , 18:53   Re: Is it legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicez View Post
so im surfing the web fro anti cheats for counter strike...and i run along server buddy http://www.serverbuddy.info/news.php

they have thier so called anti cheat for counter strike....so i say ok.. but its an amxx compiled plugin...so i was thinking i heard somewhere before that all amxx plugins must show thier sma data according to law etc... i ask them are you going to share the sma data? He said no that will not be given out..so if you guys can help me convice them to share thier sma data so we can all share this plugin please do so.
You can always decompile it. This is technically illegal, though.

EDIT: If you want to send it to me, I'll look into decompiling it.

Last edited by Hawk552; 11-16-2006 at 18:56.
Send a message via AIM to Hawk552
Dicez
Old 11-16-2006 , 19:00   Re: Is it legal?

lol you have to go through a process to get the plugin. unfotunately my server was accused of breaking thier rules... of slowhacking.. im thinking uaio_menu.. so if anyone can make thier server compatible to get the plugin please do so and share it ..
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-16-2006 , 19:03   Re: Is it legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicez View Post
lol you have to go through a process to get the plugin. unfotunately my server was accused of breaking thier rules... of slowhacking.. im thinking uaio_menu.. so if anyone can make thier server compatible to get the plugin please do so and share it ..
I'll try getting a server up and getting it.
Old 11-16-2006 , 19:12   Re: Is it legal?

ok ty!
pulpy
Old 11-16-2006 , 22:02   Re: Is it legal?

get steambans, much better
Old 11-17-2006 , 02:48   Re: Is it legal?

If they released the plugin without source code, they must provide the source.
But if they never released plugin at all (keep it private) nothing illegal here.
Sparkz
Old 11-17-2006 , 03:37   Re: Is it legal?

Hello we our well aware of our legal responsibility and we are well within our legal rights to withhold the source code to our product. Our public version will be available as a seperate plugin that is in no way linked to amxmodx.

Our lawyer has sent a Cease and Desist order to Dicez for the attempted theft of our property and at the recommendation of my legal representation I am warning everybody else that attempts to steal, gain un-authorized access, reverse engineer, or infringe on any of our intellectual copyrights; that legal action will be taken against you and all court costs will be covered by you.

I would appreciate it if this topic was removed or closed.

Thank you,
-Sparkz (CEO Server Buddy)
Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 11-17-2006 , 03:44   Re: Is it legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkz View Post
Hello we our well aware of our legal responsibility and we are well within our legal rights to withhold the source code to our product. Our public version will be available as a seperate plugin that is in no way linked to amxmodx.

Our lawyer has sent a Cease and Desist order to Dicez for the attempted theft of our property and at the recommendation of my legal representation I am warning everybody else that attempts to steal, gain un-authorized access, reverse engineer, or infringe on any of our intellectual copyrights; that legal action will be taken against you and all court costs will be covered by you.

I would appreciate it if this topic was removed or closed.

Thank you,
-Sparkz (CEO Server Buddy)
Please refrain from trying to scare people with your false information.
As you were told by BAILOPAN, you are at fault. It is a violation to disclose the source of an AMX Mod X plugin. We have all right to decompile your plugin and release the source.

Feel free to contact BAILOPAN with further issues. I dont want you to fill forums with incorrect information.
Sparkz
Old 11-17-2006 , 03:50   Re: Is it legal?

Our plugin is no longer available on amx and our souce does not legally require disclosure, I've already discussed this with a legal professional. I am not trying to scare anybody intentionally, we just don't appreciate people trying to steal our property.
Closed Thread