Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Force non-halloween models on health/ammo pickups

Post New Thread Reply   

Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-27-2015 , 21:09   [TF2] Force non-halloween models on health/ammo pickups
Reply With Quote #1

Just as the title says. How to have regular pickup models on server with tf_force_holiday other than 0?

I find it tricky because they seem to be updating all the time, so simply changing the model doesn't work. I haven't tested changing their model in OnGameFrame() but that's gotta be terrible for optimization.

One health pickup even has custom model selected in Hammer and it's still being changed.

Any solutions? Thanks in advance!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-28-2015 , 09:16   Re: [TF2] Force non-halloween models on health/ammo pickups
Reply With Quote #2

Health pickups have a keyvalue named "powerup_model" that is used to override the models used by the game. If this is set, it will use this model instead... as well as have the models not be affected by Full Moon/Halloween mode.
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2015 , 14:15   Re: [TF2] Force non-halloween models on health/ammo pickups
Reply With Quote #3

"powerup_model" no longer overrides the Halloween models. I've also tried to parent a prop_dynamic_override to the health kits but it becomes invisible.
Old 09-28-2015 , 14:44   Re: [TF2] Force non-halloween models on health/ammo pickups
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
"powerup_model" no longer overrides the Halloween models. I've also tried to parent a prop_dynamic_override to the health kits but it becomes invisible.
It kinda has to or else the Sandvich would have the wrong model. Unless there's some other netprop that tells it its OK to ignore the model change.

Edit: Not only that, but that's how Valve overrides health and ammo kits on their Halloween maps to prevent them from being changed into presents when Birthday mode is on.

Incidentally, are you changing this netprop before the medkit is dispatched?

Last edited by Powerlord; 09-28-2015 at 14:46.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 09-28-2015 , 15:00   Re: [TF2] Force non-halloween models on health/ammo pickups
Reply With Quote #5

I changed the netprop before it was dispatched. I just tried to change it after it was dispatched and it's still a no-go.