Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)

Post New Thread Reply   

braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-04-2014 , 00:12   server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)
Reply With Quote #1

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....945&p=45542109

if you see this post they got 34 + slot of server

will it possible to make server slot 64 in TF2?

I was try this plugins but 32 is limit (I think my settings gone wrong)

anyone have something idea about this?
SuperKillJuul
Old 08-04-2014 , 04:39   Re: server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)
Reply With Quote #2

impossible, they just used the sv_visiblemaxplayers cvar to look like it has more slots, but if the 33e player want to join, he can't and it says server is full.

this is what i think and im only 80% sure!
MasterXykon
BANNED
Old 08-04-2014 , 05:06   Re: server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKillJuul View Post
impossible, they just used the sv_visiblemaxplayers cvar to look like it has more slots, but if the 33e player want to join, he can't and it says server is full.

this is what i think and im only 80% sure!
Well, if you knew about SourceOP's PLR (PlayerLimitRemover), then you'd know that you've always been able to get more slots, but if you set it to 34 or more, clients crash with the error "Bogus Slot 34".

This "PlayerCount" plugin stops that error, but the server crashes once the 37th(on linux) / 38th(on windows) player/bot joins, and it seems clients start to crash (usually upon trying to exit server) once there are about 36 players/bots.

The only reason I uploaded it public now, was for public testing, and to see if I could find other skilled developers to help work on it.
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-04-2014 , 07:47   Re: server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXykon View Post
Well, if you knew about SourceOP's PLR (PlayerLimitRemover), then you'd know that you've always been able to get more slots, but if you set it to 34 or more, clients crash with the error "Bogus Slot 34".

This "PlayerCount" plugin stops that error, but the server crashes once the 37th(on linux) / 38th(on windows) player/bot joins, and it seems clients start to crash (usually upon trying to exit server) once there are about 36 players/bots.

The only reason I uploaded it public now, was for public testing, and to see if I could find other skilled developers to help work on it.
ah you are the author of this plugin!

can you help me out for this plugin? my server keep crash and can't up to 32+ it's not change (sm_max) can you make a thread for this plugins in allied modders?
MasterXykon
BANNED
Old 08-04-2014 , 08:10   Re: server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by braak0327 View Post
ah you are the author of this plugin!

can you help me out for this plugin? my server keep crash and can't up to 32+ it's not change (sm_max) can you make a thread for this plugins in allied modders?

You don't need to change sm_max, you need to change the real maxplayers after installing PLR.

All sm_max does, is makes clients think that's how many (33 (sm_max default value)) slots there are when they first join server, so they don't crash with "Bogus Slot 34" error.

If you're running a linux server, you should only need the main package, and after installing, if done correctly, you should only need to change the maxplayers to 34 or more, and don't do anything to sm_max.

You'll also need to change sv_unlag to 0 if you want over 34 players, and since sv_unlag is a locked cvar, you'll need to change it via sm_cvar command, for example: "sm_cvar sv_unlag 0" in console, or add to server.cfg

As for your other question, there's an old thread already on this site: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240011

Don't worry about downloading this version though, it doesn't include working linux PLR in the zip.
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-04-2014 , 08:23   Re: server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterXykon View Post
You don't need to change sm_max, you need to change the real maxplayers after installing PLR.

All sm_max does, is makes clients think that's how many (33 (sm_max default value)) slots there are when they first join server, so they don't crash with "Bogus Slot 34" error.

If you're running a linux server, you should only need the main package, and after installing, if done correctly, you should only need to change the maxplayers to 34 or more, and don't do anything to sm_max.

You'll also need to change sv_unlag to 0 if you want over 34 players, and since sv_unlag is a locked cvar, you'll need to change it via sm_cvar command, for example: "sm_cvar sv_unlag 0" in console, or add to server.cfg

As for your other question, there's an old thread already on this site: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=240011

Don't worry about downloading this version though, it doesn't include working linux PLR in the zip.
ah I see Thanks for your reply
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-04-2014 , 10:23   Re: server slot 34 and more? (PlayerCount)
Reply With Quote #7

I'm surprised things don't start crashing as soon as you hit player 34 as the server itself doesn't allocate storage space for players beyond 33 on TF2.

See Also: Netprops dump for the CTFPlayerResource entity, among other things.

Last edited by Powerlord; 08-04-2014 at 10:23.