Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Where is all of the SB Documentation?

Post New Thread Reply   

PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2014 , 14:37   Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #1

All of the existing SB documentation, including the Installation Manual and FAQs, seems to have been deleted or is no longer available. Any URLs pointing to either resource are dead.

Q: Is there any SB documentation currently available and if so where?

Thank you,

PG
DrFallen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2014 , 15:44   Re: Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #2

Well the install instructions for 1.4 are here; https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=61000?t=61000 as for the FAQ it doesn't seem to available at the moment. Is there anything specifically you need to know?

Last edited by DrFallen; 05-20-2014 at 15:45.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2014 , 16:56   Re: Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFallen View Post
Well the install instructions for 1.4 are here; https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=61000?t=61000 as for the FAQ it doesn't seem to available at the moment. Is there anything specifically you need to know?
DrFallen,

Thank you for replying.

Basic installation instructions are there, but they are far less thorough and lacking the expanded descriptions found in the Installation Manual. The FAQs where invaluable for trouble-shooting an installation. Together, these resources would usually cover any questions or issues I had with SB 1.4.10.

At the moment, I would like to use "Custom Admin Server Permissions" flags to give donor groups specific privileges. I need to understand how the custom flags are used and how they relate to the "Standard Admin Server Permissions" section.

For example, I would like to create a group that has access to reserved slots and kick immunity, but does not have access to the Sourcemod Admin menu.

PG

Last edited by PatriotGames; 05-20-2014 at 19:17. Reason: typo
DrFallen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2014 , 18:36   Re: Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #4

No problem, Yeah that's true. I'm not sure what's going on with the site but that's basically what you need to know for installing.

To add custom groups you will need to login and navigate over to groups. Once you've done that you will need to add a new server admin group call it 'Donator' or whatever you want then you will want to select A which is reserved slot. You will need to find a specific plugin for kick immunity, I can't think of any off the top of my head, Could be a setting within sourcemod.cfg but I don't think there is.

Custom flags work when you want to assign a plugin command to a letter for example Custom Chat Colours you could set a [Admin] tag to O and everyone with that tag will login with that tag without you having to add it manually. So its more for assigning custom commands to letters. For stuff like jetpack, trails etc.. I would use overrides.

For Reference Flag B allows users to access the menu so as long as that's not selected they won't have access.

Hopefully this helps.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2014 , 19:50   Re: Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
No problem, Yeah that's true. I'm not sure what's going on with the site but that's basically what you need to know for installing.

To add custom groups you will need to login and navigate over to groups. Once you've done that you will need to add a new server admin group call it 'Donator' or whatever you want then you will want to select A which is reserved slot. You will need to find a specific plugin for kick immunity, I can't think of any off the top of my head, Could be a setting within sourcemod.cfg but I don't think there is.

Custom flags work when you want to assign a plugin command to a letter for example Custom Chat Colours you could set a [Admin] tag to O and everyone with that tag will login with that tag without you having to add it manually. So its more for assigning custom commands to letters. For stuff like jetpack, trails etc.. I would use overrides.

For Reference Flag B allows users to access the menu so as long as that's not selected they won't have access.

Hopefully this helps.
Thank you, this is very helpful. It was perfect that you used custom chat colors in your example as that is another feature I want to enable for the donors. Since this is for L4D2, reserved slots are handled by L4D Reserved Spectator Slots plugin. It looks for several admin flags to grant reserved slot status, one of which is the "A" flag, so that works perfectly.

For vote-kick immunity, I use the L4D Vote Manager 2 plugin. It uses the "GetUserAdmin" native to determine if the vote-kick target has a valid AdminID. However, I could not determine if it returns a valid AdminID when the target has any admin flag or only the "B" flag for generic Admin, which I do not want to give to donors per your previous reply. Any insights on this one?

Thank you again for your help,

PG

Last edited by PatriotGames; 05-20-2014 at 19:51.
DrFallen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2014 , 20:24   Re: Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #6

Glad that helped From what I can tell it's using the admin immunity, by default standard users are on 0 so you could set a donator immunity to say 50 it can be more or less but the principal is 0 is the lowest and 100 the highest. Immunity is set in Admin groups. Fyi by default sourcemod will sort immunity levels so that lower level immunity groups cannot affect the higher level ones. For example if say your mods/admins group had 65 immunity and your head admins or yourself had a 65 immunity your mods/admins wouldn't be able to affect you. You can again change this in sourcemod.cfg but I don't see a reason too.
PatriotGames
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-22-2014 , 15:08   Re: Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Glad that helped From what I can tell it's using the admin immunity, by default standard users are on 0 so you could set a donator immunity to say 50 it can be more or less but the principal is 0 is the lowest and 100 the highest. Immunity is set in Admin groups. Fyi by default sourcemod will sort immunity levels so that lower level immunity groups cannot affect the higher level ones. For example if say your mods/admins group had 65 immunity and your head admins or yourself had a 65 immunity your mods/admins wouldn't be able to affect you. You can again change this in sourcemod.cfg but I don't see a reason too.
Thank you again for your help. I've already been setting immunity levels for admins and donors so this will work perfectly. Any immunity value >0 should give the player vote-kick immunity.

PG
DrFallen
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-22-2014 , 20:41   Re: Where is all of the SB Documentation?
Reply With Quote #8

Exactly