Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Issue Need Help with Webpanel

Post New Thread Reply   

Zeddy_god
Old 05-28-2015 , 16:55   Need Help with Webpanel
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guy's, I'm pretty noob when it comes to Webpanel/Databases etc. but I managed to set up my database on my webspace and I can login into my store control panel successfully. I just followed the instructions given in the installation hub and the alliedmodders thread.
This is probably going to sound like a retarded/noob question but how do I link my server to the webpanel? I have rented the server with a provider. What file do I have to edit on my datapanel / gameserver to link it to the database?
Any help would be appreciated, and explain as simply as possible please.
Thanks a lot
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-28-2015 , 17:59   Re: Need Help with Webpanel
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=259387

Edit the database config on the server with the plugin modules installed to match the same SQL server you set in your web panel.
Zeddy_god
Old 05-29-2015 , 06:26   Re: Need Help with Webpanel
Reply With Quote #3

Allright just one last question, is it at all possible to install store with modules WITHOUT the web panel? Because free hosting doesn't provide REMOTE MYSQL connection which is required and I can't afford to pay for it as well.
I talked to a guy once and he said he used store without webpanel [1.1] . Can this be done?

Last edited by Zeddy_god; 05-29-2015 at 07:34. Reason: Found out the solution
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2015 , 08:49   Re: Need Help with Webpanel
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
Allright just one last question, is it at all possible to install store with modules WITHOUT the web panel? Because free hosting doesn't provide REMOTE MYSQL connection which is required and I can't afford to pay for it as well.
I talked to a guy once and he said he used store without webpanel [1.1] . Can this be done?
Currently, web panel is required and it will get a bit worse with the new release of Store 1.3 as it will basically make the web panel system the master and the plugins the slave for most users HOWEVER, upcoming months, there will be a new system in place which will incorporate server-side installations so the web panel isn't required but it comes with limitations such as the ability to not use the same database on multiple servers, less control, etc.

Also, stay away from Store 1.1 unless you're running Sourcemod 1.6 or under.

Last edited by Drixevel; 05-29-2015 at 08:49.