Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!

Post New Thread Reply   

B.I.G
Old 02-16-2014 , 14:46   Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #1

Hello

I recently started creating a CS 1.6 server and downloaded a fresh copy from cswarzone.com
I installed amxx and everything went fine until I started using plugins of which I want to change their values such as ''Lame high ping kicker'' Ex: Value default is 50 '' I tried going to cstrike - addons- amxmodx - configs and placing the values I want in cvars.ini but they're still the same !
I even tried to change them ingame via commands, but whenever I restart my server everything restarts !
Even when I set my desired values in server.cfg inside cstrike, ex: starting money from 800 to 16000, freeze time to 0 etc.. when I open my server and look in its settings everything is still the same (Money = 800, freeze time = 6) etc..
even if I change the settings using HLDS , when I close the server and reopen it, everything resets to default!
Please I'd appreciate any help possible, been trying to figure out what's wrong for the past two days.
Thank you in advance..
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2014 , 14:47   Re: Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #2

If you did not download your server via SteamCMD, then it is outdated and is not supported.
Old 02-16-2014 , 14:49   Re: Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #3

thank you for your quick reply!
cswarzone always uploads the latest cs 1.6 versions
4 months ago my friend had a server using their client and everything went fine!
Black Rose
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2014 , 15:43   Re: Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #4

Don't really give a shit.
No Steam, no support.
Old 02-16-2014 , 16:15   Re: Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.G View Post
thank you for your quick reply!
cswarzone always uploads the latest cs 1.6 versions
4 months ago my friend had a server using their client and everything went fine!
If it's not download directly with SteamCMD, it's not the official supported version.
Old 02-16-2014 , 17:15   Re: Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #6

Thank you all, does that mean I should buy it from Steam and download HLDS last version on it using STEAMCMD ?
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2014 , 18:20   Re: Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #7

yes
Client: Buy from steam
server: Download from steamcmd for free(but don't add anything like dproto)

Last edited by WildCard65; 02-16-2014 at 18:21.
B.I.G
Old 02-16-2014 , 18:55   Re: Server and Cvar values keeps resetting to default help!!
Reply With Quote #8

Alright, thank you guys