Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Anti-Icon Smurf

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Natural Selection        Category:   Server Management       
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2004 , 15:46   Anti-Icon Smurf
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
/* *   AntiSmurf *   0.1 *   devicenull (devicenul AT gmail DOT com) *   Requires: *       AmxmodX version 0.20 *       SQL database, you need DROP, CREATE, INSERT access *       Basic Sockets Module *       100k of disc space, only needed for the duration of updates * *   This plugin gets the list of steamid's and icon types from the ns.org server *   (No, I can't change them, no I won't tell you how I got access to the list, unless you *   are a dev).  It imports them into a SQL database (designed with MySQL, but any type will *   work).  Then when a player joins, it checks their steamid against the database, and does *   some magic ;).  When you do amx_iconlist, it shows people who should have an icon, they *   may have the icon, or they may not.  To get a fresh version of the list, do amx_updatelist. *   This will spit out a bunch of status stuff as it runs, and will take about 5 minutes to *   complete.  Do this every few weeks, or whenever.. at most run it once a week.  I don't know *   how much your CPU usage will shoot up _WHILE UPDATING_ so it't not a good command to have *   in your server.cfg.  Also, all the icon steamid's are not encrypted in the database, so *   some simple php can output a preformatted list of all players of a certain type. *   * *   Commands: *   amx_iconlist        Lists people who should have icons. *   amx_updatelist      Updates the list of people with icons * *   Cvars: *   None * *   TODO: *   >   Force the icons on the players, catch the ScoreInfo event * *   Changelog: *   0.1     Initial Release * * */

I deleted this, got my point across, finally.. don't want this out there any more
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2004 , 15:48  
Reply With Quote #2

lmao nice dev will try out after weekend.
Old 07-10-2004 , 15:52  
Reply With Quote #3

I dont get it... What is the point of this plugin?

If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, then paste this onto your forehead. (Laugh out loud.)

Admin Weapons II
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2004 , 15:55  
Reply With Quote #4

do u have a natural seletion server? if not then dont worry. thisis for NS server admins to know whos a legit icon holder etc
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2004 , 16:06  
Reply With Quote #5

I seen a few icons on players when I played, however I dont admin a NS server, this sounds like a good idea.

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2004 , 21:12  
Reply With Quote #6

Theres a slight bug, there are `` instead of '' somewhere, so the sql queries fail.. ill fix it when I release 0.2 which will force the icons on people
Just waiting on some stuff with mysql.. but you guys cant really use this anyway, so I am in no rush to fix it (soon)
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2004 , 22:12  
Reply With Quote #7

Waiting for .20 release is kinda smart, considering the mysql module changes also

Meatwad
Old 07-10-2004 , 22:56  
Reply With Quote #8

I've played NS. I dont know what you mean by this plugin.

If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, then paste this onto your forehead. (Laugh out loud.)

Admin Weapons II
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2004 , 00:11  
Reply With Quote #9

Well.. I can't think of any other way to explain it to you
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2004 , 11:26  
Reply With Quote #10

Just added a few new options..
Code:
*   Cvars: *   sv_needicon [0|1]       Controls if the user needs an icon to connect *   sv_noicon [0|1]         Controls if users with icons are allowed to connect *   sv_autoban ...          Auto-BANS the user if they have the specified icon, use any combination of *                           the following: (Set to "" to disable, bans WILL stay) *                           a = Not Used *                           b = Guide *                           c = Not Used (Server Op) *                           d = Playtester *                           e = Constillation *                           f = Not Used (Cheating Death) *                           g = Veteran *                           h = Beta Server Op *                           i = Not Used (Custom Server Icon)
I won't upload the new version until I can fix this sql problem I'm having..
I'm also planning on having a file you can put steamid's in, and they will have the server operator icon
I already have the code to show the icon, I just need to have the file imported into the database.

Forceing a user's icon works now, and needs the engine module

Edit: Just finished adding the ability to add server op icons to people
Now, I just have to test everything