0% 

amxmodx stats, change calculation

Post New Thread Reply   

Trae Gundrun
Old 12-02-2004 , 07:37   amxmodx stats, change calculation
Reply With Quote #1

Hi Guys
I am a happy Amx user.
I have the 1.0 and extra plugins, like clan_tag_protection, awp2scout, banmyg0t and mp5mod.
There are no problems and no crashes and the Stats are working fine.
About 90% of the visitors have good ping and no lag.
So job well done, Thanks a million!

However, like all servers mine is also being visited by hackers and 5 minute players.
Not too often, but they do mess up ranking.
I use everything by default since i really dont know anything about scripting and the likes.

Before asking, I did search this forum to find a possible solution, but nothing satisfying.

1) Is there a setting so that a player needs to have a minimum "Incidents" of 200 or any other number?
2) Where can I read how the calculation is done exactly, what events are calculated, who is being mirrored to whom?
3) I mean are strong players measured to strong players, to avoid weak player abuse?

And I wanted to take out some of these 5 minute players from the stats, but I dont know how to deal with Hex program.
4) Is there another way?

Its not for me to cheat, so that i have a better ranking, since I am nr1 on my own server anyways.
And that will never change, hehehe.
I just want those hackers out and 5 minute players to make it fair to the regulars.

Then something else, I saw somewhere in the folders something like clanmatch configurations.
Like exec cal.cfg but i dont have these cfg files.
5) How can I have this so i can start with matches on my own server?
6) Should not every type of match have a different config file for every different map?

Thanx a lot, anyone

PS
Just FYI...
I used some other plugins, but took them out again, like
Highpingkick, setting was 200 and it kicked players with ping below 100.
Spawnprotect, default setting, but everyone stayed in Godmode the whole game, lol
force cmdrate, had it on minimum 45 and did not change any setting with clients. I have 3 different steam accounts and on non it worked
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2004 , 09:22  
Reply With Quote #2

It's confusing is all I know. To change somehting in the csstats.dat file could mean total corruption in the file, if I'm not mistaken. One wrong period or whatnot could screw everything up.

But I don't know if people like Kingipn or whoever might be able to tell you how to do it.
Trae Gundrun
Old 12-02-2004 , 09:50  
Reply With Quote #3

thx for replying

i dont want to edit in binary files, cause i dont know how. If it would take 200 incidents in order to get ranked, that would solve a lot already.

I hope someone can tell me if that is possible.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2004 , 12:19  
Reply With Quote #4

Its very, very difficult, if not impossible to edit the stats.
Old 12-03-2004 , 05:20  
Reply With Quote #5

Thx for replying.

Like I said:
If it would take 200 incidents in order to get ranked, that would solve a lot already.
1) May be this is possible?
And please someone look at the other questions.
2) Where can I read how the calculation is done exactly, what events are calculated, who is being mirrored to whom? (i really couldnt find it anywhere)
3) I mean are strong players measured to strong players, to avoid weak player abuse?

Then something else, I saw somewhere in the folders something like clanmatch configurations.
Like exec cal.cfg but i dont have these cfg files.

5) How can I have this so i can start with matches on my own server?
6) Should not every type of match have a different config file for every different map?

Thank you in advance
f1del1ty.oXi
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2004 , 09:13  
Reply With Quote #6

You have to GET cal.cfg and ogl stuff in order to run it. Just search for it on google, and you'll find it. Also, if it's CAL.CFG then it must be frmo the CAL league, meaning you can get it in there.

2. I think only a handful of moderators know how that's done. The fact that opening it with notepad and not being able to see everything you need to would cause you not to be able to do anything you want to anyways.
vashx
Old 12-06-2004 , 11:07  
Reply With Quote #7

talk to the the author of the stats plugin and ask him if he can create a version that allows you to set a minimum ammount of time the player has to play on the server before it saves his rank. Also see if he can set a minimum amount of kills before being ranked. Something like 25 total kills and/or 15 miinutes on the server.
Bad HAL 9000
Old 12-06-2004 , 17:04  
Reply With Quote #8

I should release my SQL version of stats. Its easily edited
Old 12-06-2004 , 18:47  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashx
the author of the stats plugin .
thx good idea, it was my impression that you rever to the developer team. They are moderating in this forum i presume.

So i hope any of the developer team will take a look at my questions.

I tried mysql with perlindigo, but i am to big a noob with this and couldnt make it run. I just dont understand the scripting and stuff. I have tried for weeks to create some understanding, i finally gave up, so i am really happy that amxmodx is now a finished and bugs free version.

The 0.16 stats was always crashing the server and i used aestats. Which i dont like so much. So i am quite happy now, except for the 1 time visitors.