Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values

Post New Thread Reply   

Catface100
Old 04-15-2014 , 05:06   Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

I didn't want to bother you guys with this but I cannot for the life of me work out what is wrong.

I'm currently running a jump server, and have a variety of plugins. However, I have added mapchooser (and more recently mapchooser extended) to allow for map voting etc. I know that the plugin has loaded, as nominate and rtv work fine, but when it comes to the end of map vote, it appears that just the default values are being used from the mapchooser.cfg. My biggest beef is the fact that I can't have the vote to extend the map.

I am limited (I think) too as I'm using Multiplay's clanforge, which doesn't give you absolutely complete access to the server (or at least, it's very long winded).

Thanks for your time, and please let me know if you need any logs or files to help (and also how to get them, I'm new ).

I have included the mapchooser and mapchooser_extended configs.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg mapchooser.cfg (1.9 KB, 175 views)
File Type: cfg mapchooser_extended.cfg (4.4 KB, 161 views)
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2014 , 07:56   Re: Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #2

You use one or the other - not both at the same time. I would contact Multiplay for support.
Catface100
Old 04-15-2014 , 08:13   Re: Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #3

Well, it seems that mapchooser is added by multiplay when I put on the extended one. I had the same problem with mapchooser on its own too. Will give multiplay a shout.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-15-2014 , 14:37   Re: Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #4

I'm surprised that they even have Extended. When I tried a server there, they wouldn't let me. And it's my own plugin!
Old 04-15-2014 , 14:51   Re: Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #5

Indeed, I actually saw your thread about it when trying to resolve this problem, was hoping it'd fix it, but alas, no luck (although I'm not sure if it's because multiplay adds the default mapchooser anyway).
marcintojatak
BANNED
Old 04-22-2014 , 15:07   Re: Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catface100 View Post
Hi,

I didn't want to bother you guys with this but I cannot for the life of me work out what is wrong.

I'm currently running a jump server, and have a variety of plugins. However, I have added mapchooser (and more recently mapchooser extended) to allow for map voting etc. I know that the plugin has loaded, as nominate and rtv work fine, but when it comes to the end of map vote, it appears that just the default values are being used from the mapchooser.cfg. My biggest beef is the fact that I can't have the vote to extend the map.

I am limited (I think) too as I'm using Multiplay's clanforge, which doesn't give you absolutely complete access to the server (or at least, it's very long winded).

Thanks for your time, and please let me know if you need any logs or files to help (and also how to get them, I'm new ).

I have included the mapchooser and mapchooser_extended configs.
i you use:
mapchooser_extended_1.10.2.zip

change yours what is in maplist.txt on main directory copy paste to this file:
addons\sourcemod\configs\mapchooser_extended\ maps\csgo.txt

on addons/sourcemod/configs/maplists.cfg upload my cfg

rename
addons\sourcemod\plugins\mapchooser.smx.off
&
cfg/sourcemod/mapchooser.cfg.off

upload my mapchooser_extended.cfg

restart srv

play on yours jump maps
Attached Files
File Type: cfg mapchooser_extended.cfg (4.3 KB, 183 views)
File Type: cfg maplists.cfg (1.3 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by marcintojatak; 04-22-2014 at 15:24.
Catface100
Old 04-23-2014 , 06:01   Re: Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #7

Ok, thanks for the help!

I worked out that the problem was actually with multiplay. Apparently they have some of their own code in there to do heavens knows what, but I was informed that they had forgot to update it, and now I have been able to make it work. At least it explains why I couldn't figure it out!!

Thanks for all the help.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2014 , 09:41   Re: Mapchooser and mapchooser extended only using default values
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catface100 View Post
Ok, thanks for the help!

I worked out that the problem was actually with multiplay. Apparently they have some of their own code in there to do heavens knows what, but I was informed that they had forgot to update it, and now I have been able to make it work. At least it explains why I couldn't figure it out!!

Thanks for all the help.
That's... interesting.

I wonder if Multiplay remembers that SourceMod plugins are GPLv3 and they have to share the source code with you because of it?

Even if SourceMod plugins weren't, both MapChooser and MapChooser Extended specifically are and both carry appropriate copyright notices.