Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Zombie Panic!
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Setup a warm up round to wait for late joiners.
    Old 07-08-2012 , 12:03   [ZPS] Warm up Round
    Reply With Quote #1

Description

In Zombie Panic! Source, the very first round of a new map generally begins with a few humans and more zombies and/or spectators. Why? Because players with fast computers are the first ones connected to the server and aren't waiting for late joiners. This plugin allow to setup a "warm up" round, and allow more time for late joiners to get in-game.

How it works?

Once the server has loaded the map, a timer is activated, during 1 minute and 30 seconds (by default), the "Test Mode" of ZPS and the friendly fire are activated. Once the 2 minutes are over, the server disable friendly fire and the "Test Mode" of ZPS which cause a sort of round restart. Players are warned by blip sounds when the true round is about to begin.

Installation

Installation is easy!
    The compiled plugin (zps_warmup.smx) goes in the "addons/sourcemod/plugins" folder.
    The translations file (zps_warmup.phrases.txt) goes in the "addons/sourcemod/translations" folder.
    The configuration file (zps_warmup.cfg) goes in the "cfg/sourcemod" folder.
    Extract the "sounds.zip" archive into your server's "sound" folder, if you have a FastDL, you may need to do additionnal steps.

At the next map change or server reboot, the plugin will do it's job!

SDKTOOLS IS REQUIRED TO USE AND COMPILE THE PLUGIN.

Configure the plugin

Of course, you can tweak the plugin to fit your needs. You just need to open the "zps_warmup.cfg" file and everything is detailed. Here is the default configuration :

List of plugin's CVAR

sm_zps_warmup_after_ff - Enable friendly fire once the warm up round is over, I recommand to set this to 1 (true) if you have FF enabled by default on your server. Otherwise, set it to the default value which is 0 (false). This is a boolean CVAR.
    sm_zps_warmup_while_ff - Enable friendly fire during the warm up round, if you are using a stats system (HLStatsX:CE combined with SuperLogs for ZPS for instance), I strongly recommend you disable the TK penalty or you set this CVAR value to 0 (false), back when I was running my ZPS server, I had set this CVAR to 1 (true) and I have disabled the TK penalty on HLStatsX:CE. This is a boolean CVAR.
    sm_zps_warmup_time - Duration of the warm up round in seconds, by default it's 90 seconds. This is an integer CVAR so don't set float types values like "3.5, 6.25".

Available plugin's translations

English and French - ~*L-M*~ -/TFH\- Shepard (me)

Changelog

Added sounds (from Gran Turismo, if you don't like them, you will have to change them by yourself by editing the source code).
    Any infected survivor will be cured in order to avoid issues for the first round after the warm up.
    Cleaned the code.
    Fixed a rare issue where the server could make infinite warm ups.
    Frags and deaths scores will be reset at the end of the warm up.
    Updated translations (with a lot of typos fixes).

Plugin's first release.

Credits

~*L-M*~ L0chness - Plugin's idea.
    ~*L-M*~ -/TFH\- Shepard (me) - Creating this plugin.
    XARIUS - For his CS:S WarmUp round plugin which helped me a lot for the timer system.
    exvel - For his Show Damage plugin which helped me a lot for the CVARs and the plugin's configuration system.
    Authors of SDKTools - For the "EmitSoundToAll" function.
    Everyone involved in Metamod : Source and SourceMod - For creating awesome servers addons.
    Players on my server - For testing and feedback.

NOTE : This is my first SourceMod plugin, I am a beginner =) My English may also be bad and I'm sorry because I'm French =)
    Attached Files
    File Type: cfg zps_warmup.cfg (584 Bytes, 269 views)
    File Type: txt zps_warmup.phrases.txt (709 Bytes, 147 views)
    File Type: smx zps_warmup.smx (8.0 KB, 156 views)
    File Type: zip sounds.zip (46.9 KB, 139 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (zps_warmup.sp - 254 views - 7.3 KB)

Last edited by Shepard62700FR; 08-05-2015 at 13:24. Reason: Plugin's update
    Shepard62700FR
    Old 08-05-2015 , 13:27   Re: [ZPS] Warm up Round
    Reply With Quote #2

Updated after 3 years of inactivity.

I'm no longer playing ZPS nor hosting a ZPS server. Don't worry though, 1.0.0.1 will work because I was using on my server. If someone has any critical bug preventing the plugin from running, please report it.